Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kicker motor set up, Transom mount, EZ steer,Control king .. One mans saga

Okay here’s the scoop a little long sorry....
Full kicker motor set-up.
Control King, Transom mount, EZ=Steer and 4 hp o6” 4 strk elc strk Merc.
Cabala’s 4 stroke transom mount black anodized aluminum. Comes with a formula on length of kicker motor shaft. Basically to mount, waterline up 15 or 17” very easy. I used a framing square off the waterline to get the vertical lines for square then with the main motor in full crank turn measured how far I needed to be away motor to motor drill 4 to 6- 3/8 holes and that’s it.. The EZ-Steer adjusts in 1” increments so you want to mount the transom mount in even inches it comes with 4= 3.5”x 5/16 stainless steal bolts and no washers. Use the biggest washers you can find I double washered them to get to 2” washers.Then the EZ-steer which is a rod coupling that mounts to the lower units of the main and kicker motor so you can steer with existing controls, it is snap pin adjustable so after you get the bands around the motors and the shaft set in the two couplings you just pull on the rod and can adjust it even on the water with no tools. Then the Control king which is a device to control the speed of your kicker from the dash of your boat. (Very necessary) I ran for two days without it and it drove me crazy!! Basically it’s a box control 2” x 4” that mounts on your dash with a dial that controls speed and two switches one for run/off, one for WFO (full throttle for steering in wind, real nice). So you turn the dial the kicker speeds up, (you get it) this also is an incredibly easy set up. It’s a control box that controls a servo than moves your throttle control in the motor, mount the box on the dash, run the cable to the back of the boat, Mount the servo to the power head with existing bolts, fuse and connect the positive and negative wires pug in this little multi- plug thang,. run the connecting rod (little stainless rod included) from servo to carb throttle control done. No more than 15 minutes max! 2 hrs for the whole project.
$2685 +/- wife’s sill ******* ,motor runs great, cant here her from the lake
INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Worth every penny!!!
Any questions I can answer don’t hesitate
Whip

Re: Kicker motor set up, Transom mount, EZ steer,Control king .. One mans saga

Hey there Whip, I know the wife feeling LOL I've been doing so much fishing this summer (Thanks to All of my Friends from this "GREAT SITE" LOL) I'm surprised the wife hasn't told me to sleep on a boat LOL Wait till Hunting season (First season in 2 years without crutches, Watch Out Big Buck coming to get ya this year LOL) But putting mad wifes aside How's the fishing been??????? have ya been out on Sunapee? How's Rick@BBW and John Work still keeping them pretty busy? Haven't heard from them in awhile. Have A Good Day TAke CAre God Bless and Tight Lines LOL DAve From up North