Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no you can't do that!

I BELIEVE THE QUESTION WAS ABOUT MULTIPLE FLIES OR A CAST OF FLIES NOT LURES,THAT HE IS BEING QUOTED ON I COULD BE WRONG.I CAN'T GET THAT FAR BACK IN THE COMPUTER TO RE READ IT.BUT I DO KNOW YOU CAN USE 2 FLIES ON 1 LINE AND IT COUNTS AS 2 LINES IF YOU BRANCH THE LINES.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no you can't do that!

i think i may see it now in slipknots post were he quotes the rule as "an artificial bait" w/ artificial bait being singular and cast of flies and hooks being plural as being attatched to a line or pole

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no you can't do that!

Pretty funny stuff here... Ya know I honestly was kidding, sorry you didn't take it that way. Obviously you want people to be licensed or you would sell less gear.
I didn't realize we were arguing? So, again, sorry you think that too. I'm pretty sure I even wrote in one post that I wasn't arguing or trying to cause a ruckus??? Just playing "devils advocate" and seeing where the discussion went.
Next time, I'll just keep my mouth shut and save my discussions for when I'm face to face with you so you can see that I'm kidding. That's the one problem with email or message boards, you can't see a persons expressions and so things may come across different than they are. Had I thought this was anything other than general "discussion" trust me, I would have kept it private email or face to face.
Truly am sorry I came across wrong... my apologies to anyone I may have upset. Craig

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no you can't do that!

Just noticed the other bit you wrote earlier... sorry, hadn't seen it before.
First off, its odd that people are BUYING cheaters? Its only a swivel and piece of mono...???
But mainly, I do agree with you... if people are running these on EVERY rod, that WILL hurt our sport. I definitely agree that we need to keep the two line max per person. I was only talking about these as using them as a "stacker" not doubling your legal quantity of lines.
Oh well... guess I didn't word things quite right.

So, why do you just read and not post? Its good to have you post... You see and hear things on a daily basis at the store that we may never see or think about. Your posting would only add to this site. The perspective you have on things is going to be different than mine and perhaps others... thats a GOOD thing. Discussions like this are a benefit as it gets everyone thinking and seeing things from a different angle.
I hope you reconsider your above statement and continue to comment on what you see here.
Take care... I'll be in the store soon, Craig

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no you can't do that!

Im still lost on the whole quote from John Viar, the way i read it if you use 1 pole with a cheater (IE second lure) that accounts for your two lines in the water??????//// But don't mind me Im just a dumb frenchman from up North LOL Take CAre God Bless and Tight Lines LOL DAve From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no you can't do that!

For the record - my 3 fly droppers were in line - each fly and tippet tied to the hook bend of the previous. So it was legal.

For those of you who are fining YOY smelt balls - try two or 3 small winni smelt streamers in line and slow way down when you are near the bait...