Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: correct dodger rigging ?

Thanks, what is the purpose of the cockscrew anyways ?

Re: Re: Re: correct dodger rigging ?

Ive had this thougt too! If you look at the luhr jensen site there is a pdf on dodger rigging, if you zoom in on the picture you will see that they show the fly / lure on the end that has a snap swivel and on the other end the barrel swivel connects to the line. So, im confused because most say to connect the lure to the snap or cork screw end. Does anyone know if you hook it up backwards if it runs different? maybe it doesnt matter. Who knows!

Re: Re: Re: Re: correct dodger rigging ?

that's a good question.

Re: Re: Re: correct dodger rigging ?

I don’t know of any body who runs dodger backwards for any improvement in action. The dodgers are symmetrical in shape, I would think that they would run about the same in either direction. If you tie a loop on your leader for the flies or lures, you can then change them easily, the corkscrew aids the change of flies or lures easily, some dodgers come with snapes. I have a fly book that contains flies tied up with leaders with a loop ready to go.

Re: Re: Re: Re: correct dodger rigging ?

that is exactly the reason for the CORKSCREW so you can change your lures and flies much more quicker by just wrapping the loop or eyelet of the lure or leader. much faster than opening and closing a swivel, and it won't open up on you.happy fishing.

Forry