Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sat am fishing

Just a quick report on Sat am fishing. Got to take out a co-worker’s son who loves to fish but hasn’t had many opportunities to fish for salmon and trout on Winni. I think I helped to “set the hook” on his “fishing bug” yesterday. Fished from 530am to 900am, two lead-core rigs (7-8 colors) and two downrigger lines around 40-45’. Around 7 or 8 salmon “rats” and 4 nice salmon, three in the 19+” range and one very fat 21” fish. Also 3-4 lakers, in the 15-18” range. All together a good morning on Winni and one that my guest really enjoyed. Hot lures for the day were DB smelt in red with black spots, copper Mooselook Wobbler and Fishlander spoons (Wonderbread and Monica), all but one keeper on lead core this am…….Salmon are still working the white perch fry, all the fish I cleaned for the smoker were full of them…….Tight lines to all.

Re: Sat am fishing

good for you salmo!
it is even more fun to see someone who has not done this type of fishing catch fish and love it, as it is to catch them youself. he will put the bug in his dads ear i am sure. glad you had a great day.

ilucas