(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Week on Winnisquam

Chappy,

This is not first hand knowledge, but when I am spening time on Winnisquam (handful of weekends per year with non-fisherman..booooo) most of the salmon/trout trolling boats I see are working in the depths around Pot Island.

hilltopper

Re: Week on Winnisquam

I was just there a couple of weeks ago. The area around Pot Island is a good spot to try. Also try the area around bouy #8 just south of Pot Island & bouy #3 to the north. I marked & caught a lot of fish there. If you are on the water at first light or at dusk, fishing the railroad tracks on the west side is a must. I fished 50'-70' of water, down 30'-45', 2.0-2.5 mph. I used mooselooks, top guns & DB smelts. The best colors were gold, gold & orange, white/red dots and of course the DB smelt-N.H.guide.

Good luck
Mike (aka: "Norton")

Re: Re: Week on Winnisquam

Good news is... pretty much wherever you go on this lake (in deeper water) you're going to catch lakers. They may not be too big, but you'll catch them everywhere. I can't seem to get away from them on Winnisquam. I haven't had the numbers we get in the big lake, but it is typically a steady catch none-the-less.
Pot island probably is a good bet to try...
Pink and silver worked well for me last time I was out there...
Don't hesitate to fish late afternoon. I've caught bigger fish at that time on Winnisquam than in the morning.