Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Kings 1st Round

We caught a few on the frog lure but most everything was on the A-TOM MIC flies and 8' paddle. White on white, or white on blue. The depth varried from 80 to 125 deep, one guy caught two at 165 down. The magority of fish for us were around 100 feet down. The FOW changed from day to day, one day was 150, next day we fished over 350 FOW. The speed was hard to control but it was above 2.5 and as high as 3.5mph. Right now things are changing everyday so pin pointing them is still hard. Good luck well be back up this weekend.

Re: Re: Re: Kings 1st Round

Just returned from our annual fishing trip to Henderson. The fishing was slow this year. we marked a lot of fish around the 85'-100'but struggled to get any takers. Our set up was three riggers and at times one dipsy. We started the trip using our go to stuff, like the creamsicle with bait and some green, chartreus flasher/bait. Had three hookups and three runs of bad luck, two broke off, and one lost at the net. The next two days we couldnt get anything to go so we motored to Mexico bay and found fish but again very slow for us. Back in the trench we started to turn our luck, we were running three riggers, One with bait, the other two with White E-chip Pro chip flashers followed by the Howie Little boy Blue. The fly set up worked for us, landing 4 nice salmon. The radio chatter indicated others were struggling also. I heard one guy say water temp. was 70 at 100'! Surface was 74.5 It was still a great trip and we cant wait till next year. Good luck guys.
Oh ya,we also landed onelake trout and an unidentified fish from the trench. the fish was about 18" small mouth and silver, it looked like what we call a Chub here in Maine.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kings 1st Round

I hear ya, I've been lookin at big fish for over a month, I was lucky to get a couple to bite the past month or so, but only a couple, tough year. 70 degrees at 100', WOW that's unbelievable, could it be true ????

Hey look at it this way, you got to go while we all have to sit here and read about it.

Someday I'll make it to the big pond, right now I'm havin a hard enough time gettin onto Winni with my own barge, but looks like this weekend we'll make it there.

Good report,

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kings 1st Round

That fish that you caught might have been one of those things called sheepshead we pick them up here and there. Talked to a few charter guys from henderson yesterday and reported huge numbers of kings caught in the trench area before first light plus most fish are on glow shooters along with matching heads for bait and changing to some big bright shooters when the sun came up. The bite died on glow stuff and bright shooters were being hit hard during the day time. Wire dipsys with NK28 spoons and just plain bait with no shooters are working good as well. Good report Maine fisherman. I will report when I return at the end of my trip 9-3 thru 9-6.

Charlies charters [Charlie]

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kings 1st Round

Sounds like you did alright to Roland/Lena. I saw your pic at Woodys. He has a pic there of my 40#'r to.
Good luck when you go back.

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kings 1st Round

Hey, wher ya been, I gave up oin you on your cell this weekend.

John S.