Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Fish On Today!

best day I have read about in a while!

Re: Fish On Today!

awesome job as usual are the smaller lures still working well or is it time to start scaling the size up i used the smelt gun exclusively wed thu fri last week and did very well.

Re: Re: Fish On Today!

Yes small stuff still great. The baby smelt are still quite small but most of the white perch are putting on some size and are almost identical to a top gun right now. You can't go wrong with either one.

I have been marking bait lately in winni like i have never seen before and it shows in the fish. Every week they get noticably fatter and fatter.

Things are great on the Big Lake right now.

Re: Re: Re: Fish On Today!

thanks last time out i saw a couple dead fish2 inches long i also saw as acouple of fish got near the boat little 1 inch fish coming out their mouths as someone whos done this for a while is there a pattern yearly as to the size lures you use are larger lures going to dominate september?thanks again the info you share here has put me on the fish consistantly.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fish On Today!

In my limited experience we have been told and find it true, small spoons in summer and pretty much the rest of the season, with the addition of small (single) streamers in late August til the fat lady sings.. Last September 3 or 4 Salmon over 5 pounds, all on small streamers, before that, late July, August, we killed them on Sutton #5's. Wid not use Smelt Guns last year, but found them to be really good this summer and will use them the rest of the year.

There are smaller DB Smelt's (Mini DB's) they would be the best spoon going, but they aren't available yet, I guess still in the testing stage I guess..

Bottom line, in my limited, but practical experience, "little lures, big fish".

Hope to see ya on Winni sometime next month .

John S.

Re: Fish On Today!

Great day guys, we Mass guys (or flatlanders as we are sometimes called) realy appreciate a good fishing trip on Winni with one of NH's best guides putting us onto the fish. I can truly say I have never had a bad trip with you or Trav, lots of fun, great fishing and plenty of good memories..

Sounds like those guys had a blast, another good memory was made.

John S.