Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Planer boards(Inline or Dual mast)

i dont have good access to the front of the boat so i have the simple line reel mounted to the side of the bow rail where i can reach it. i then run the line up to the roof thru a pulley and out to the boards. i think they work much better if you can get them high. for lead core, i use a 3 color setup with 20 pound mono backing, and count out the mono to get the leadcore deeper. works for me. the pic doesnt show the planer setup, but you can get an idea of how mine is setup. if my boat was open i would get the mast setup, but ive never fished with that setup.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: Planer boards(Inline or Dual mast)

I have Big Jon dual mask (manual reels) on bow center of my open floor Lund Alaskan. Otter boards work and track great. Also have found that using 3 color core with 20/30 lb. mono backing works best. The release will slide further out the tow line and you don't have the drag as when I used straight lead core.

Re: Re: Planer boards(Inline or Dual mast)

I have the Big Jon Planer reel and mount it right on my bowrail. Works fine for me for the limited season I use them (April/May).

Re: Re: Re: Planer boards(Inline or Dual mast)

Thanks for the replys.I have a track system on my boat so that might be the way I might go.Thanks again for the replys.

Erin