Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pics of Roland and Lena's deer here!!!!!!

Thanks for posting these for us.
Roland and Lena

Re: Re: Pics of Roland and Lena's deer here!!!!!!

Definate wall Hanger!
Nice deer Lena...did Roland make you drag it yourself(:
Congrats to both of you!

Re: Re: Re: Pics of Roland and Lena's deer here!!!!!!

Roland and Lena - outstanding!! As you started the hunt little did you know that GOD said today!!

Re: Re: Re: Pics of Roland and Lena's deer here!!!!!!

Roland will do the gutting if I do the dragging. That worked on his big buck, too.

Lena

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pics of Roland and Lena's deer here!!!!!!

Great Buck and Doe Roland and Lena!!!!!!!!! Now that's what you call an awesome day of hunting WOW That is a Great Buck Looks like one of our north country bucks Great Job!!!!!!!!! Did you get them both in the same area???? looks like the pics were taken in the exact same spot or is that your back yard? Take Care God Bless and Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pics of Roland and Lena's deer here!!!!!!

The two deer were shot about ten miles apart one in the morning and one in the afternoon. These pictures were taken in the back yard. They were both shot in Belknap county. I have shot some nice deer up Coos county with one buck (8 pt) scoring 135 inches. The year end results in the last five years show that more big buck are being shot in the western and central part of the state. I belive coos only had one or two of the top ten during each of the last two years. In the last ten years I've been lucky enough to shot 3 bigger bucks in Belknap than my biggest in Coos. I will be up north with my bow at least a couple of more times this year. Good luck and you may see me, in the woods, cause I've hunted the area you were talking about on one of your last week post for 20 years. Good luck hunting and hope your dragging is downhill.
Roland

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pics of Roland and Lena's deer here!!!!!!

Yeah i would def. have to agree with you Roland, I'm not sure what it is up here, granted we've been lucky and been seeing some deer, but there has been hardly any shooting at all. Seems like every time i go down towards winni or squam fishing in the spring/summer I am seeing tons of deer on the way down there. Maybe i should start looking at new area's LOL only problem is i can't walk like i used to be able too, so i have to go to the places i can use the 4 wheeler and such, really S__cks but at least i can still make it out into God's Country, which i love just as much as the water. P.S. You must be talking about _____Hollow? am i right? Congrats again to you and Lena's that is surely a day to remember!!!!!!!! What was the spread on that beast anyway? Take Care God BLess and Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pics of Roland and Lena's deer here!!!!!!

Nice deer, both of them. Nice rack. Congrats....

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pics of Roland and Lena's deer here!!!!!!

Hi again Dave

The story is a few post below under an Unforgetabele 1st Day. The area's I hunt are simular to up north. I grew up in Berlin myself and still hunt the area from bow season thru rifle season. Down here I start with camera's in June and stop in January. This give me a good idea whats in the area's. My wife says its an obession, every once in a while I agree. Good luck up here I'm going bow hunting in Conn for three days. Let you know how I did. Roland

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pics of Roland and Lena's deer here!!!!!!

Great buck Roland! He'll look nice on the wall, huh? Makes for a short season when you both get one on opening day! LOL

You mention having cameras out for six months... have you had any problems with theft? I put three out a few years ago - and within weeks one was stolen and the other two had been tampered with. Now I'm scared to put them out anymore. None of mine were close to hiking trails or roads either. Maybe I should put them out pre-season and post-season and keep them at home during the season? I hate thiefs!!!

Re: Pics of Roland and Lena's deer here!!!!!!

I'm not a hunter but what a beautiful buck.Congratulation to the both of you on some nice deer.