Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Idaho Score Card

First of all to cut through the chase, I did not shoot one in Idaho. I did see a B&C Sunday morning at 8am in the rain, and sat on him for the day but he did not come out of the tundra. Needed a couple more days. Massive horns, thick, wide, and long tinges.

Carl got a nice 5x4 on Saturday morning. it was not a big one, but a nice one for him.

I rattled in 15 bucks all together. A fine 5x4 3 nights in a row, but not big enough for me to shoot. The first night I rattled in a 4x4 who charged me off the mountian behind me, jumped right in the blind, and scared the dickens out of me. I had the horns in my hands, gun in my lap, and this 200 lber 5 feet from me breathing fire like he was really mad. He jumped out and into the meadow, ans stayed there for a half hour. That was a trip, almost as good as my close encounter with elk. Sunday morning, just before I saw this 300 lb monster buck, I heard elk comming off the mountian in front of me, so I crawled to a stump pile and waited for them. 28 elk all together, 2 nice bulls, one a 5x5, the other a 3x3, all at 20 feet!(all bow shots!) I had more crossing behind me, but would not turn to look, as I did not want to scare off the ones in front of me. What a thriller from Minila! I had never been so close to elk, or a big bull for that matter. I have seen plenty out there, but never spitting distance.
I "helped" out one of the farmers who had 2 cow elk tags, and was busy in his fields.

Totals for deer- over 300, we lost count!
Totals for elk-340! 22 bulls
33 rack bucks, 2 real big ones, I couldn't tell ya how many bucks all together, could not keep track of them.
13 yotes, I hugh wolf ( just tracks on the wolf)
No cougars
1 2 legged doe, blonde and a solid 8.5. Came walking in to my stand area looking for me. Said her grampa (the farmer to busy to hunt) told her about this guy from NH who was rattling in bucks, so she came to find me, sat with me for an hour while I commenced to rattle her in a nice 4x4, to which she missed! That was a blast too! (didn't tell my bride that one!)
Made another great video. Got 5 racks on film, a bunch of deer/elk/yotes/turkeys.......

Sorry its so long, but thought you all would like to here it.

Popeye

Re: Idaho Score Card

I'm guessing no pics of the "split-tail"??? LOL

You must have been wondering what the heck was going on when she walked up to ya, huh?

Hope you were able to bring home a little elk meat for youself?

Can't wait to see some of these videos!

Re: Re: Idaho Score Card

I put the bino's on her at first and thought I had fallen asleep and was having a great dream!!!!! Couldn't believe a babe would be out beating the bush in camo all alone....No, I didn't get any Pics, just the ones up stairs. She also had a 4x4 with a big bad honda in the back.....
I got the straps out of both.......yum-yum.....