Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Western Lake Ontario fishing site

noooo.... it sounds GREAT... LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Western Lake Ontario fishing site

Anyone got room for a Hitchhiker????????? More then willing to pay my fare share Can't even begin to imagine catching a 20# fish Wow that has got to be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Dreaming of Spring already LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Western Lake Ontario fishing site

there is always room for big dave! we'll get you out there don't worry pal!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Western Lake Ontario fishing site

Ok I will bite;put us on the list to go, we (Paul and Jeff of chaotic Fishing)will join the convoy to NY.we have not met you guys in person but will at your spring gathering if you have one.this sounds like it could be a really fun adventure. yes ,a list of the right equiptment needed would be nice, there must be something we do not have, like the latest lure in monkey puke color, we have not been beyond Mexico Bay- nine mile point etc. Do we need to book lodging early ? dock space is almost a must,is anyone interested in shareing a house or cabin etc.fishing is what I do when there is no hunting seasons.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Western Lake Ontario fishing site

There is plenty of time to get our stuff together I'm in the process of getting # of places to stay and also looking at my past files on colors and lures that are good for out there.I will list them as I go along.They use alot of purple and black out in the westen part of the lake there is a big difference in colors used than in the Oswego Mexico area plus they fish alot shallower(I don't think I spelled that right but you get the point)than in the eastern part of the lake I hope to have some info maybe on friday.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Western Lake Ontario fishing site

if we go before the LOC derby in the spring there is plenty of lodging. I always keep my boat on the trailer in the spring it is an 18 mile run over water from olcott and 13 miles from wilson. if someone finds dockage in the niagara river that would be great i just never looked for it.

spring on the bar it is usually stained water and using bright colors like orange do great also greens and blues work well. always changes depending on water clarity.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Western Lake Ontario fishing site

Gee Thanks Adrian I appreciate it immensely Guess i have to start buttering up the Wife so she'll let me go LOL I'll have to buy her a special christmas present and tell her she doesn't have to get me anything except permission to go Fishing on the Real BIG Lake LOL Won't cost her nothing I'm more then willing to bet she'll go for that LOL Take Care God Bless and I can Already Hear the Screaming Drags of Springtime Wooooo Hoooooooo LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Western Lake Ontario fishing site

I agree with YOAdrien I'm still waiting on a return call for info.But Adrien your right about the brighter colors I keep forgetting it will be spring most of my info I have is for summer time when there fishing down a little deeper.But from what I have read all of the brighter colors work like brite green flor.red and I guess the steelies love a little pink in the lures also but then again what do I know it will be a new adventure for me also.I'm hoping for that call today.He might know where we could get dock space out there.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Western Lake Ontario fishing site

Here is a site for marina's and ramps for the Niagara area.the othe site has links for that area also.
http://www.niagara-usa.com/fish/marinas.html

http://www.olcottfishing.com/links.html
There is alot of stuff to read during the winter.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Western Lake Ontario fishing site

Dave,
We met at the gathering in the spring, my wife Ruth and I sat with you and John at the same table. Ruth can't go to the big lake in the spring so I need a net man who can also catch fish to take her place. Just my son Glen and I going so we have room if you are interested. If not than let me know and I will put out the envite to someone else. Sharing info and sharing space is what this site is all about, and making good friends.

Ernie & Glen

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Western Lake Ontario fishing site

You can Def. count me in if ya got the room Wooo Hoooo thanks for the early Christmas Present I love This Site I ain't gonna be able to sleep at all tonight be to busy waiting for spring to get here LOL Take Care God Bless and Now I'm really Dreaming of 4/1/07 to get here LOL Dave From up North