Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Lost a good friend

Thanks guys for the all the kind words. My wife is already talking about another doog. I'm kind going through "withdrawal" from the constant affection. Hard to quit that cold turkey, eh? Interesting idea about getting another breed, but I love the labs and they are so good with young kids and aside from our own 2 rug rats the neighborhood has lots of young kids. Maybe I'll just get a different color lab, I dunno. Cold and loney without my old girl around.

Re: Re: Re: Lost a good friend

Sounds like a good idea, "another color" Lab.

With tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat, I write this, we have a daughter of my Bart that comes here every week day for "doggy day care". Actually she's my son's dog, comes to work every day and stay with me.. She's a Black Lab, Bart was a Chocolate, it does help to have another dog around. But I'm not sure how it would be if she was also a Chocolate, maybe not good.. As it is I call her Bart now and then.

Like a grandchild this one goes home at night, well not every night, she stays over now and then.

That reminds me all my photos of Bart were on my "dead" computer, I do have a few office my office.

Hang in there, if another dog is right, it will happen, especially for the kids it may be a good idea..

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks guys for the all the kind words. My wife is already talking about another doog. I'm kind going through "withdrawal" from the constant affection. Hard to quit that cold turkey, eh? Interesting idea about getting another breed, but I love the labs and they are so good with young kids and aside from our own 2 rug rats the neighborhood has lots of young kids. Maybe I'll just get a different color lab, I dunno. Cold and loney without my old girl around.

Re: Lost a good friend

Sorry to hear about Bonnie, I'd like to say time heals all wounds and it probably does eventualy. But it will be 2 years this February since Bart my Chocolate Lab left us, bone cancer in his shoulder, he was 15 years old.

I still get a lump in my throat thinking about him, just two nights ago I was woke by what I thought was his bark to go out, happens every now and then.

We had him cremated, I put 1/2 his ashes in Squam where he learnt to swim as a pup and 1/2 in a nice wooden urn with is photo on it that I keep in my office.

No new dog for me, I couldn't go through it again.

Again, sorry about your loss, they are truly mans best friend.

John S.

hey eric

the conway area humane society has an 8 yr old lab named jasmine. saw her in the conway news on thursday.
their phone no. is 603-447-5955

so sorry you lost your dog. I'm sitting on the couch with my buddy, a 5 yr old yellow/white lab. such great dogs. i can't imagine.

floyd

Re: Re: Lost a good friend

Thanks Floydo but we're not quite ready yet. Still numb to the loss. We might get another dog fairly soon but I don't know. Like John S. we got her cremated. I got her ashes and have to figure out what I'm going to do with them... Thinking of putting some in Winni where she loved to swim and where she once saved (literally) my niece from drowning. (A great dog story). Some on my property on Moosehead where she only got to visit this summer but still got a snootful of sniffs (very exciting to labs as you know). Some her with her picture.

Re: Re: Re: Lost a good friend

I keep my dear old girl in a beautiful box that my vet bought for me made out of cherry, she is in my living room under her picture on the wall and always watching over me and my family. Take CAre God Bless, LOL Dave FRom up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lost a good friend

Guess I'm not the only softy, best thing I ever did was cremate Bart, a part of him will allways be with me, the rest at his favorite places..

Eric, pretty much what I did, some in Sqaum on the same beach he learned to swim, some in the yard on his favorite places to lie and the rest here with me in my office. They put the ashes in two unrs, one really nice wooden one and the rest in a tin can. We then took one last ride to the lake, Bart and me, with the can of ashes on the passenger seat, his seat.

I feel bad for people that have never had the oppertunity to bond with a good dog.

Oh and Eric, time does heal all wounds, Bart was not my first and only dog, we had two others over the years, they all lived long lives, 3 dogs, about 40 years. The other two are only a good memory now, but Bart, after two years, still hurts.

Get another one as soon as it feels right, do it for the kids, it's amazing how much Labs love kids.

John S.

Sorry for your loss, because they are our best freinds, the loss's are real and painfull. Which only makes the time with them all that much more important. If u can, celebrate what you had, not what you don't.