Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Winni GPS Chart & Raymarine

The Navionics chip even has a lot of obscure "puddles" down here in NY, including the City reservoirs. I put the chip in my handheld Lowrance iFinder H20c and took it out on a rowboat on one of the reservoirs for a last hurrah. Skunked of course. Not that any of the Winni crowd lucky enough to fish in NH would want to waste their time down here...The Winni map is awesome though.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winni GPS Chart & Raymarine

Thus far I have been using the Lowrance Freedom Map Topo chip (northeast) in my 332c & handheld. The topo details are (excellent very similar to Delorme paper maps) & it has all the lakes in northeast. It doesn't show the lake depths but shorelines are very accurate. Alot more accurate than the standard raw map.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winni GPS Chart & Raymarine

The Navionics maps are contour maps. The Winni map has 2-3 ft. contour intervals, same with the new Moosehead and Sebago maps. That level of detail on the depth contours really helps find structure and that has helped me boat more fish.

Eric

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winni GPS Chart & Raymarine

I will be getting Navionics Prem. East chip soon for my 332c. The Lowrance Freedom Map Topo Chip is fantastic for my Lowrance Hunt handheld. They sell them at the Lowrance site.