View Entire Thread
Re: LURERS OR FLIES????

red grey ghost on leadcore

Re: Re: LURERS OR FLIES????

NH Guide, DB Smelt on lead-core.

Joe's Smelt

Re: Re: Re: LURERS OR FLIES????

for flies I use tandem pumpkinhead with pearl beads and lure matty gun top gun or #61 sutton with orange tape. "reel it in "

flourecent orange top gun, w/gold halogram tape on 1/2 of front side w/yellow & black eyeball on leadcore

ilucas

I would pick a DB Smelt, Silver with Blue and a pink stripe. I believe they call that one the Rainbow.

Re: Re: Re: Re: LURERS OR FLIES????

Ilucas: is that you're own modification? Sounds interesting?

For me: NH guide and "brook gun" (copper with white on pink 2-color dots) on riggers. Orange or yellow with black dots. Lure styles: top gun, Mooselook junior, my own fishlander-style spoon (top gun sized) on leadcore. No luck on flies.

Interesting about the preference for leadcore...is this any particular year (obvious for the planer) or year round for you guys? Is it that leadcore actually produces better but riggers are simply more pratical in the mid summer?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LURERS OR FLIES????

Eric,
i believe the original one that i had was a rainbow slayer. lost it and a nice fish right at the boat. went to Aj's later that day and he made me up 3 or 4 more. always seems to be productive,at least this year from july on to the very last day of the season.

ilucas

Gray Red Ghost and copper red head.

Barnes Special with steel line jig-jig-jig. w-fat

Gold chevy chase with a red flipper on wire line with 30 ft mono leader

Glen

A Dick Nite black with red specks, on five colors lead core