Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Grey Ghost - Simrad AP12 / 14?

hey i have a simrad fishfinder gps combo and love ity good luck .

Re: Grey Ghost - Simrad AP12 / 14?

The AP14 provides a display of the information that your GPS unit sent to the autopilot and a few other goodies like compass heading display corrections. I would think that your GPS unit will have all the information and is capable of displaying the information on some panel. If you don’t have the capability of displaying multiple panels of information with out superseding high priority information then the AP 14 would be a good choice.

Also, you don’t use the auto navigation features that often, you’ll be operating in the heading mode most of the time.

My unit is capable of displaying simultaneously three or four panels of information and the AP14 would be redundant data. At this time I will try out and evaluate the AP12.
AP14 Manual

Re: Re: Grey Ghost - Simrad AP12 / 14?

Grey Ghost -- love your little animations BTW.

I read through the manual and at first glance its the installation (particularly the re-threading of the cable) seems a little intimidating. I may have to garner help.

The other main advantage I see in the 14 vs. 12 is the display seems helpful for the calibration and troubleshooting.