Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rod Holders

I am looking to install more rod holders on my boat. The only four I have are the for on the riggers. I am torn between Big Jon holders or the Bert's Custom tackle set up that you can find in the cabela's catalogs. Has anyone used Bert's stuff? How is it? Also Do I really need rod holders that heavy duty if they will primarily be used in the spring running rods off the planer boards or can I use the much much cheaper plastic style rod holders? The only thing is I might need those holder to run leadcore in the summer. Any input would be of help. Thank you

Re: Rod Holders

i use the big jon triple set mounted on gimbal mounts. great rod holders. you can call the factory and get 2nds. a little easier on the wallet.

ilucas

Re: Re: Rod Holders

I installed berts this year and all I can say is they are awsome very well made and the rod holder has 5 positions.I run wire dipseys using these holders and your lead core would be a piece cake.I also bought the inserts that when I'm not using them they look like just a step to get into the boat.I'm adding more this winter.I have to get the down east plate so I can run my fly rod off the other side I bought a plate that I put my jigger on so it slides off and on easy.If you do go with a track system buy the longest one you can put on I didn't and I regret it now I have to add more track which is a pain in the butt.I wish I had put this type of system on years ago.Just my two cents.Good luck.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Rod Holders

Erin
Where did you get the plate for under your jigger? Is that from Down East? I have several of there rod holders but have never seen plates by anyone?
BTW Do you think Winni will have ice this year? My teeth have'nt chattered yet.
Thanks in advance
Richard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rod Holders

Richard Bert's sell all types of plates for there track systems here is there web site.The salty bracket is used for the down east holders and if you look at the plate next to it thats the one I put my Jigger on.Hope this helps.I would also like to see some cold weather come so we can get it over with so I can pull the boat out again.

http://www.teclausa.com/bert/products.html

Erin

Re: Rod Holders

not sure about the newer big jons, my older ones were adjustable up and down but the base was fixed by a bolt in position. the fishlanders are adjustable up and down, and by lifting against a spring they rotate for many more positions. if they were not so expensive i would have 4 of those holders per rigger.

Re: Re: Rod Holders

Sounds like u have had some great ideas. As to Berts, I have been using them the past 3 years. Can't say enough about them, they wratchet up without needing to pull the lever, great plus. Otherwise only use the holders on my Cannon and Penn riggers.3