(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: hunting dogs

Jeff,
Not a very common dog in these parts. Allot of folks have German Shorthaired Pointers but not Drahthaar's. (Love their whiskered faces).
My only experience with one was in a goose blind in Maryland, years ago. The guide had one as well as a black lab. The dog as I remmber him was an excellent retriever and very well mannered.
They are suppossed to be great pointers as well as retrievers but I did not experience the pointing part.
Sorry but I don't know much more about them then that.
Good luck in your selection.

Re: Re: hunting dogs

thanks I did put a deposit down on one should be getting it Jan 20 a male but your right I have to drive to South Carolina to get him o well ill just have to stop by cabelas and see their pennsylvania store to break up the driving down .The breeder claims they point very well he should be somewhat trained by the fall bird hunting trip . I will also need to train him to ride in the boat for fishing season on winni should be fun or very frustrating .
thanks Jeff

Re: Re: Re: hunting dogs

Yea, I am sort of looking forward to my Brittany riding in my boat this spring...I think!
I'll be the one with the boat having a "kennel" lashed to the bow, just in case.
Good luck with your new addition!