Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Safe Boating corse update

I just talked to the Coast Guard AUX Guy from my district He told me that some states already have the mandatory boating coarse.From what I understand is,if they board you for any thing good or bad and you do not have a certification for the Safe Boating they will give you a 30 to 60 vacation period(every state is different).If you get boarded again after the 30 to 60 days they will fine you for not having it.This was what he told me so I thought I would pass it on He also said that Mass wasn't far behind New Hampshire for applying this as law.And one more thing if any one from Mass is interested in this course he is going to be offering it on 2 sat this winter sometime instead of 8 weeks at 2 hr night in the Worcester area.I'm on his list so just thought I would let any one know who is interested.

Erin

Re: Safe Boating corse update

Erin - I found a course down here in NY, and free. All in one day in January...probably worth it with the way the regs are going...Eric

Re: Re: Safe Boating corse update

Eric That sounds like a great deal I don't know why it cost me $$ here in mass but I don't think I have ever seen it run for free.It's something I need to do so they got me bent over a barrel.I guess Maine is the same way as New Hampshire from what I have heard.I fish there most of the time so I hate not being up to CODE(LOL).Thanks for the reply.Have a great Holidy and a safe and Happy New Year.

Erin