Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: depth finder interference with Fish Hawk

Thanks for that usefull information. That should solve my problem.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: depth finder interference with Fish Hawk

Do you have the 2 transducers seperated as much as possible?

You can also angle the fishhawk transducer a bit out to the side and run your probe on the outside rigger closest to the fishhawk transducer. That will help by seperating the underwater signals.

That screw on the back of the fishhawk i was talking about will make it's sending beam wider or narrower. This could help cut down on interferance there.

As far as wiring goes my fishfinder unit and my fishhawk display are 1 inch apart and the power wires go down the same hole. No problem there, maybe i'm just lucky?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: depth finder interference with Fish Hawk

does your raymarine and fishhawk read the same speed?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: depth finder interference with Fish Hawk

no, not right out of the box.
You have to calibrate them to read the same for a place to start.
get in a calm day in a lake with no currents like winni put on your gps and get the boat set to 2 mph then adjust the down speed screw on the back of the fishawk to read 2 mph and then you will be calibrated to measure for underwater current in places like ontario or whaever.

don't bother with surface speed on the fishawk it is affected by things like waves and moter thrust. paddlewheel surface speed is pretty useless. works ok on some boats.