Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MY letter to John Viar

Dear Sir,
Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Forrest Currier. AKA the big mouth known as "Forry" the is on the Winni web site. I think I hit a nerve when I asked a question about what the boys thought about closing ice fishing altogether, on the lakes that have salmon since we are not allowed to take them in the winter. I found that there are a lot of questions that really can't be answered by the lay man therefore I hoping that you would be kind enough to answer a few questions for me and post the answers on the winni site for all to see, so we all will know and understand the facts. I know you are probably busy with your work at the fish and game and may not have a lot of time, but if you could answer the following questions I would appreciate it. Thank you sir. Here are the questions/

# 1 What is the reason the state doesn't allow ice fishing for salmon?
#2 What impact does or would ice fishing have on salmon?
#3 Do rainbow trout eat more perch/smelt than the salmon?
# 4 If they do, why doesn't the state stock more salmon than rainbows?
# 5 Are salmon harder to raise than rainbows?
#6 What hurts a salmon more, fighting it for ten minutes in the summer time on a rod, or taking it through the ice and releasing it?
# 7 Do the Salmon reproduce in any of the lakes in New Hampshire?
#8 If they do not reproduce then why couldn't the state stock more salmon and reduce the number of rainbows?
#9 I know what the law says about releasing a fish on the cusk line. What does the law say you are to do if a salmon takes the bait on your tip-up? Cut the line? Remove hook and release ? what?
#10 does fish and game get all the proceeds from the fishing and hunting licenses and fishing and sports related articles?

There are many, many more Questions I could ask you, but I don't want to burden you with then all. but if you could please answer these questions it would help me and my fellow readers of the Winni site. I thank you for your time and appreciate any info you would share with us.

Sincerely
Forrest Currier AKA Forry