Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

make sure that you received the new premium chart. That is the one that has been updated for winni.

Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

It has high - def. Winni, Moosehead & Sebago map I don't need any more.
If anyone else is interested make sure you buy buy 12/31 or you will lose the Navionic's rebate. ( it must be sent in by 1/15)

Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

Brown Boat - I hope for your sake the rebate works better. They offered the $50 and I got $25 in the mail and no way to address it with them. I got hosed, hope your deal goes better. My advice is to find a dealer you trust so they can help you address any problems you may encounter.

Eric H.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

Cabela's - the best !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

Ha Guys,

Read the fine print it saya a $50 rebate on $150 spent, not on sale price, $99
Good luck

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

That is exactly the kind of nonsense I went through. Its a great chip, but their "rebate" promotions are very misleading...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

I already talked with Navionic's yesterday. She said rebate is $50. because retail price is $149 and Cabela's sale price would not effect rebate. Guess I will find out soon.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

I heard the same story last year from the vendor I bought my chip from. When the rebate came it was $25. Don't hold your breath. As long as you're not making the decision on the rebate amount, go for it, but don't be surprised it is a bait and switch marketing gimmick.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

They may bait ans switch but I'll report them to Cabela's.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

Will let you know results this winter...it's not a few bucks it's a matter of principle with me ....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

are there 2 different sizes on that chip? mine was 199.00. it measures 1 3/8" x 1 5/8". the pkg it came in reads navionics hot maps HMPREMIUM CF . i believe it is made for northstar and raymarine. is the one that is being discussed here different?

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

Mike -- my Navionics chip is a standard SD/MMC card. It is same type of card used in many digital cameras and sold at Radio Shack etc. and has an angled "cut" out of one of the top corners. I had paid about $179 when I got the chip in '05, then got hit again (with the bogus rebate) when I "upgraded" this year when they introduced the new Moosehead and Sebago maps and added many others. The only different I can see is they wend from a 256MB SD/MMC to a 512MB.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

Eric,
i am looking at my navionics gold for the east coast(which i have never used) and it is a 128 mb compact flash by SanDisk.

the hot maps premium cf that has winni sebago and moosehead on it is is 256mb compactflash also by SanDisk.

not up to date on the memory chips and all that other computor lingo but i am pretty sure this is not the same physical size one that brown_boat bought. just wondering if they both have all the same info, just a different physical size.

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

ilucas,

These cards hold the same information; they are just in different formats. You have a CF (CompactFlash) card like the one shown on the left below and the one for sale at Cabela's is an SD (SecureDigital) card as shown on the right below. The SD card is physically smaller than the CF card but holds the same info. I believe the CF format is used in Northstar units while the SD format is used in most other units (including Raymarine, Lowrance, Eagle, Hummingbird and Furuno).

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

A correction to my post above. Raymarine units use the CF cards NOT the SD cards. Sorry for any confusion.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

thank you Lucky Devil,

the raymarine c series uses the cf card you have pictured on the left. do you know if they have added any NH lakes w/contours to the 06 card ?

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !!

I saw them in Cabelas new Spring catalog today, both the 2006 (cheaper) and 2007. The 2007 hot maps has 2000 lakes added, uhm, I wonder if Squam is one of them. I kind of doubt it, I've been trying top contact them all week, nadda, e mail, left phone messages, etc. Good thing for them they are the only store in town.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduced !

John,
i called navionics today. they are on vacation until the 2nd. i was going to try to find out about any additional contoured maps added to nh lakes

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price Reduc

This might sound kind of foolish, but here it goes If these maps are on the same type of card that fits in a digital camera, whats to stop someone from copying it onto another card? i know i can take information off of a card from the camera and put it onto my flashdrive could you do the same with this map card? I ask cause only my buddies from winni etc... have the map cards me and Robert are still stuck in the stone age looking at depth maps etc... LMAO Take Care God Bless and Hurry up 4/1/07 LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Price R

LOL Dave: Navionics has a very sophisticated copyprotect code built into and encrypted in the chip...if you try to copy the data off any of their cards it will destroy the map data and render it unusable. They have a clear warning about this that comes with the chip.

Mike -- the '06 Hotmaps Premium East added a tremendous number of lakes relative to the '05. I bought the '05 version because it had the new hig-res Winni map but it had essentially no ME lakes among other gaps. In '06 they added hundreds of lakes, including 200+ for ME alone including the high res maps for Moosehead and Sebago. They also added a ton of "minor" lakes down here in NY including some of the NYC and hydroelectric reservoirs I fish. No squam in '06. Hopefully they add Squam and other NH lakes in '07 or soon.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap Pri

In Cabelas ad it says 2000 more for 2007 in the NE I believe, not sure about Squam, I've done OK up to now without it, not sure what I have it's something my son gave me, has al the NE Lakes, just not the new stuff on the hot chip.

I'll call them next week, guess thay are closed this week.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics HotMap

I was just curious LOL not considering doing anything illegal LOL Take Care God Bless and Darn i wish 4/1/07 would hurry up and get here UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHh LOL Dave From up NOrth

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navionics Ho

No offense implied LOL Dave, I just did not want you or anyone else who laid out that kind of $$$ for the chip to fool with it and find out its useless afterwards. Some guys on a different board I go to on occasion toyed with it and found out the hard way.

-Eric