Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My top ten thanks to the board

(In no particular order). 2006 is ending and in looking back over this year I am in awe of how much I have learned in such a short time frame from the regulars on this board. Having dropped out of fishing until just reconnecting a few years back, (and just getting back into LLS / trout fishing the last couple years), I have advanced my understanding and fun 100 fold in the last year thanks to the folks on this board. At the risk of neglecting some of you, I'd like to call out "thanks" to a number of my new friends from the board:

-Fish handling and safety: to Adrien for his many "tough love" posts on the use of rubber nets, the 4 second rule etc. When I first got back into this salmonid fishing thing in '05 I was very upset with myself for butchtering my first few "catch and release" salmonids I managed to "catch." Thanks to a rubber net, a lot of mental prepration and the 4-second rule I have gone from butcher to near conservationist. Thank you.

--There's always hope.... To John S. (6# LLS), Fishless (7# LLS), LOL Dave (10+ lb laker), Ilucas (most improved?) and several other serious amateurs who I have "witnessed" through this board improve and achieve great results over the last year. While I am a lot further away from Winni and the north than most of y'all, your great catches and reports are an inspiration that someday I may catch the big one myself. Keep it up.

--Fishing techniques. Where do I begin? Slip, Salty, RFPs -- thanks for the recommendation to go for the Fishlander mast + Big J. otter boats vs. the Big Jon package. I am happy this will turn out for the best. And to Adrien, Coolwater, Charlie, John S., Fishless, Ilucas and others who provided recommendations on planer fishing. Looking forward to giving it a shot next spring.

--My goal in life (fish everyday): to the RFPs. I am a long way from full retirement, but you guys have taught me about what I want to do....especially after losing my aunt, my parents and my dog in last 2 years...Life is too short. Keep up the great reports. They are a lot of fun to read and think about.

--Maine (Salmonid/Russ). Russ, I have not heard from you for a while, but thanks for your feedback on Moosehead. Imagine to learn from you that the very color combination I was told to AVOID by a "guide" in ME (blue / silver!) was your top performer on the big lake! Thanks and I hope to catch up with you again.

--Autopilots, electronics...my thanks to Gus (Grey Ghost). I am going to "go for it" with confidence thanks to your help and information. (Of course if I "screw it up," I may not be so happy...LOL).

--The basics. To Alan and Beth at AJs. I did not know how to do anything on Winni before confiding that to Alan and Beth and they helped me start catching fish, from smallies to lakers through the ice. To infinity and beyond.

--To everyone on the board. I have learned more here and in a shorter time frame than anywhere else. I look forward to meeting a bunch of you and keeping this thing going in '07.

-Eric H.

Re: My..err..top eight thanks to the board

Having trouble counting after a few beers and football watching...you know what I mean...

Re: Re: My..err..top eight thanks to the board

Though i wish it was a 10 pounder it was only 9 1/2 pounds LOL But thanks for the extra 1/2 # I may not be the best fishermen but i sure have learned alot from this board and my fellow fishermen/women from this board Last season was without a doubt my best ever (Sorry Grandpa LOL) and i hope next year is even better Wooo Hoooo Watch out Ontario I'm coming to grab one of those Monster Kings this Spring Woooo HOOOOO I'm so excited about that trip i keep dreaming of it LMAO I may not be good for much advice (except a few of the northern lakes LOL) but i am good for a few laughs LOL Take Care God Bless and Hurry up 4/1/07 LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: My..err..top eight thanks to the board

Dave, you desever the extra 1/2 lb ! It was a monster whatever it weighed. My biggest was about 5 lb (guess) and it had nasty teeth...Happy new year.