Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: fly tying

You can contact the nearest trout unlimited chapter, they usually have fly typing at meetings and clinics in the winter months. Stone
River Outfitters
has classes, like on a weekend. United Fly Tyers has classes.

Re: Re: fly tying

wow!!!! I never knew that the tying fly courses were that much $$$$$$$. I always wanted to get into tying but never pushed myself into doing it. I fly fish often plus I always run a fly rod on my boat in the spring A 5/6 WT 8.6 fT with sinking line its a dream when that rod fires off and a salmon jumps way back and starts in on the backing line!!

Charlies Charters

Re: Re: fly tying

my 12 year old has gotten into fly tying big time in the last year. I was at mountain road fly shop in Raymond getting some supplies and they said they have a open night on tues I beleive that is open to anyone who wants to show up. just bring your own vise. seemed like a good deal to me. give them a call

Re: Re: Re: fly tying

Thanks everyone. I actually checked in to the place in Raymond at there booth at the Deerfield Fair. Totaly forgot about them. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Re: Re: Re: Re: fly tying

Check for info at Hunter's Fly Shop on Storrs St. 228-0880. E-mail John Corrigan at corrigannh@ verizon.net - he's the fishing editor at the Monitor.

Re: fly tying

IBEND TYING FOR 30 YEAR OR SO IF I CAN HELP YOU ANY WAY WRITE BE A E-MAIL JIM

fly show and concord shop

Two ideas. First, WS HUNTERS in concord (on storrs across from burlington coat factory and near Orr & Reno law office) is a great shop....very knowledgeable and have current info on classes etc.

Second, the FLY FISHING EXPO will be in Marlboro later this month....great place to meet and watch pros as well as pick up materials, books, pahphlets etc.

Good luck....expensive to start, but can be fun and save alot in the long run......especially at 5buck or more for bass and saltwater flies.!!!