Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rod holders for Canon Mag 10 downriggers

Erin / Gus: I guess I wasn't clear. I definitely want to look at options for dual rod holders on the back, not on the boom etc. I have singles of both the tube style (came with the riggers) and I bought the quick draws. I was wondering about the quickdraws. I've had a few screw ups and thought it was just my lack of skill. Perhaps the dual tubes in the back is the way to go. Its just what Canon offers looks so skimpy compared to Big Jon, Fishlander etc. so I was hoping to find other dual rod holder options that would "plug in" at the back of the rigger.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rod holders for Canon Mag 10 downriggers

Eric No problem that vector rod holder is nice but I think it's not cheap $$ I have the cannon tube duals in the back I will take some pictures and post them I had the duals on the boom for years on my old boat but with the new boat the back holders worked out better and can even handle putting a dipsey wire rig in it to get it out of the way when netting a fish so they are much stronger than the Quick draws.Other than that you would have to put on a track system or put singal holders on the boat which would mean drilling Holes (I hate saying that Drill word).I will try to post in a little while.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rod holders for Canon Mag 10 downriggers

Thanks Erin, pics are worth 10,000 words.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rod holders for Canon Mag 10 downriggers

Here you go the best I can do.Hope this helps.

Erin
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rod holders for Canon Mag 10 downriggers

Erin:

That does help. So these just plug in via the rear "port" of the Canons...Did you buy them direct from Canon or go through a vendor (Cabelas?).

Hey nice ride. What type of boat do you have? Looks good from the stern...

Eric

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rod holders for Canon Mag 10 downriggers

They sell duals at fish 307 I couldn't find them at cablela's so here is what I have.
Dual rod holders
I have a 2003 Lund 1800 Fisherman with a suzuki 140 4 stroke on it Go to showboats I'm the last one.It ran fine coming home in 6 to 8 footer on Lake Ontario so it can handle big water.I love it Hope this helps.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rod holders for Canon Mag 10 downriggers

FishUSA has them for $69 FishUSA

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rod holders for Canon Mag 10 downriggers

Eric I just got my spring cabela's catalog and they are in there for the same price $69.99 Just type in the Item # ch-01-0591-001 and they will come up I didn't think Jeff was so high at fish 307.
Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Rod holders for Canon Mag 10 downriggers

Thanks Erin and Gus. More on-line shopping to do...

Eric