Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
no fishing pics these will have to do

A few pictures from christmas vacation.

Me and Nadine in our Coal Mining Gear. Her Uncle got us into the coal mine at night and we went to 1000 ft vertical it was pretty cool! Nadine was wearing her Calvin Klein Jacket under the suit the furry collar looked pretty funny!

Look closely to the top of that truck. It is a caribou strapped to the top!

Me and Nadine on our snowmobile below "Chute du Lac Canot" or "Canot lake Waterfall" In Les Monts Valin Quebec. It is a frozen waterfall that grows throughout the winter until it covers all the rocks and trees below it all the way down to the lake. It is quite a sight in march!

Re: no fishing pics these will have to do

YOAdrien Your a braver man than me Just the thought of going in a coal mine let alone a 1000 foot drop.Your my hero(LOL)I couldn't handle that at all.now the snowmobiling I could get in to that Looks like you had a great time.I wish we had some snow I have new snowmobiles and no place but the grass to drive them on(LOL).

Erin

Re: no fishing pics these will have to do

Adrien

Those pics of snowmoiling are this season correct??

If it is you lucky dog give me directions. 1-more thing do you double all the time or does your wife have her own sled??

Charlie

Re: Re: no fishing pics these will have to do

That is this season.

It is a 9 1/2 hour drive to that mountain range.

My wife doesn't have her own sled, she doesn't want one, we love riding double with my Renegade X Package. I have multiple sets of rear springs that i change out depending if she is coming along or it's me alone and how much gear i am carrying. Usually with me and her we use springs 1 step heavier than the grand touring springs, about 3 levels above renegade springs. We carry 3.5 gals extra gas, saddlebags, and a big trunk bag. Our combined weight is 280 plus gear. And we don't go slow my sled actually handles better with the two of us on it. Our best day last year was 367 miles in 1 day, and no, not just because it is canada but because we were ripping it up, many other days over 300 miles. I can always hear her through her helmet singing the dukes of hazard theme when we go airborne, it's like she is on drugs when we ride she grabs the throttle and pins it on long straightaways and has run us out of gas a couple times once up by hudson bay, (that wasn't fun).

If you want to get a trip together Charlie i would be glad to team up with you. I know almost every trail north of the St. Lawrence by heart. You need at least 4-5 free days or it isn't worth the money to go. Maybe first week in february would be a good time to go. Let me know. 17,000 consecutive accident free miles and counting (knock on wood).

The wife won't be with me again until Last week in Feb. for our annual 9 day ride, planning to ride from pittsburg to labrador or minnesota depending on the snow.