Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: PLANER BOARDS

i find that using the planer makes fishing easier. the lines are out away from the boat and when you get a hit, you fight off the back of the boat, no need to get other lines out of the way to avoid tangles because they are already away from where most of the action will take place.

Re: PLANER BOARDS

1. It's alot easier to run just one planar board if you are alone. I run the left side one so I don't have to keep turning neck around.
2. Big Jon's manual mast's with otter boats, is the way to go, they come with 2 reels but if fishing alone all you need is 1 Otter boat. You can buy Otter Boat "seconds" at Big Jon site an save a few bucks.
3. Mount the mast as far front and as high as possible an still be able to reach the tow line so you can slip releases on line. Mounting high and forward will make Otter boats go further to the sides. You only need Otter Boats out to the side 25 - 75 ft. See Big Jon site for mounting info or call them and ask for best mounting position for you type boat. If you have an open floor plan, like I do, mount the plate on the bow. Big Jon has a rugged mounting plate base / bolt.
Stick with Big Jon there the best.

Re: Re: PLANER BOARDS

correction. Big Jon does make a single maual reel/mast at their site. If you fish alone that's all you need 1 reel 1 Otter boat.

Re: Re: Re: PLANER BOARDS

thanks for all the info.. the big john site was very helpfull..i cant wait for spring.. thanks JOE S..