Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More on license fees and Fish and Gane budget

i dont see this bringing in much dollars, i would just fish massachusetts and maine until those states forced an issue for salt water liscenses, and even then i probably wouldnt fish the salt in nh, the coast is just not that big in nh. i would be all for a new england liscence covering all waters, even if it meant buyng a liscence in my home state and then one to cover the rest of the states. its been getting expensive buyng fishing liscences as i usually buy a mass, nh, maine, and vermont and have been buyng permits in montana, idaho newmexico yellowstone depending on were i take a yearly trip. i really dont like the idea of it being a separate liscence, if it were just adding 5 dolars to all exsisting licsense and checking a box for those that may want to fish both then that would be fine with me, but i dont like the idea of separate liscences, i can see this changing into separate fish and game departments and more expenses as the system goes out of control. it always sounds good at first then things go bad in a hurry, for instance you can bring your boat over the boarders to use in other states, but if you bring it into maine make sure to get the 20 dollar milfoil sticker, i could easily see them adding a striped bass sticker for those who have liscenses for the salt if that happened.

Re: Re: More on license fees and Fish and Gane budget

I can see benefits for salt water recreational anglers from some kind of license. How many folks, where, etc. Rec folks have very little say - in Fed. regs, - they have no "trail" as compared to commerical guys. We all know that there is no free lunch!!