Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone use dipsey divers with Planer fishing / Otter boats?

Anyone use dipsey divers with Planer fishing / Otter boats? I was thinking of experimenting with dipseys as well as lead core lines off planers (otter boats) and was interested in anyone else's experience with dipseys fished this way.

Re: Anyone use dipsey divers with Planer fishing / Otter boats?

Hey Eric,

use the leadcore off the otter boats all the time. just my opinion but i would think that the dipsey divers would put alot of pull on the releases somtimes giving you a false release. also i would think if you finaly got it rigged up, when you get a hit on the dipsey, the dipsey itself might not release because of the give from the otter boat running on the top water ( with the otter boat not being stationary).

i could be all wet, but sounds like a tough way to try and fish

ilucas

Re: Re: Anyone use dipsey divers with Planer fishing / Otter boats?

see below in rod post.

Re: Re: Re: Anyone use dipsey divers with Planer fishing / Otter boats?

Glad I asked...Thanks guys. I followed up on Adriens comments below.

Re: Re: Anyone use dipsey divers with Planer fishing / Otter boats?

Big John shows it being done but I have the same feeling as Ilucas that it would be hard to keep it in the release.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hey Eric,

use the leadcore off the otter boats all the time. just my opinion but i would think that the dipsey divers would put alot of pull on the releases somtimes giving you a false release. also i would think if you finaly got it rigged up, when you get a hit on the dipsey, the dipsey itself might not release because of the give from the otter boat running on the top water ( with the otter boat not being stationary).

i could be all wet, but sounds like a tough way to try and fish

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Anyone use dipsey divers with Planer fishing / Otter boats?

John - thats where I got the dumb idea from, the Big Jon web site. I guess its BS from a practical perspective. I order the smallest (000) dipseys and I'll see if those are small enough to work. IF they don't I'll use them in the resevoirs.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone use dipsey divers with Planer fishing / Otter boats?

Big Jon Mini Diver disks will work.
Smaller than Luhr Jensen Dipsy Diver.
They say they will get you to 30 feet but i would bet more like 18 is realistic on mono out 150ft.