Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Winni Derby 07

Anybody know the dates?

Thanks,
Jay

Re: Winni Derby 07

It's always the week after Mother's day. Fri, Sat, Sun.

Salty

Re: Re: Winni Derby 07

I guess I'm a bad kid, I have no idea when mothers day is! I wasn't sure if it was the third or forth weekend, I should know by now but I can't remember yesterday so....... I need to take the time off from work now!
Thanks Salty,

Jay

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Salty

Re: Re: Re: Winni Derby 07

Mothers Day in 2007 will be May 13th, but my wife allways says Mothers Day is every day, guess I have to agree with her.

So I guess the Derby will be May 18, 19 and 20 and of course May 18th is my wifes Birthday too, ugh.

John S.

Replying to:

I guess I'm a bad kid, I have no idea when mothers day is! I wasn't sure if it was the third or forth weekend, I should know by now but I can't remember yesterday so....... I need to take the time off from work now!
Thanks Salty,

Jay

Replying to:

Salty

Re: Re: Winni Derby 07

Hey Salty,

Are you planning on entering the Derby ?

What's on the menu each day ????

Just trying to plan and don't want to be outdone, perhaps we float our boats together and share entres, but I'll have Big Dave and Slipknot with me, have plenty of extra grub..

John S.
"Getting a bit stir crazy"

Replying to:

Salty

Re: Re: Re: Winni Derby 07

I will be in the derby, God willing. I'm sure the Q man will stodge up some great grub. You can sample some of the stuff at the get together. (More to come on that) You guys fishing on the Barge??? You could but a full size grill on it.

Ps. Stay out of our Secret spots!!!!!

Salty

Re: Re: Re: Re: Winni Derby 07

Salty,

Just kidding of course, does a bear s--- in the woods, I know you'll be there. I don't know any secret spots on Winni ???

That's the plan, to use "The Barge", heater and full enclosure if needed, I'll even have a real radio and antenna this year. I have a grill for the boat, works good.

Thinking of putting the boat in Winni after ice out and leave it there until after the Derby weekend, as long as I an find someone that wants to fish Squam now and then with their own boat, mine's a bit much to trailer back and forth allot..but that's a possibility too ?????

Getting cold.

John S.

Replying to:

I will be in the derby, God willing. I'm sure the Q man will stodge up some great grub. You can sample some of the stuff at the get together. (More to come on that) You guys fishing on the Barge??? You could but a full size grill on it.

Ps. Stay out of our Secret spots!!!!!

Salty

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winni Derby 07

Secret spots??? Didn't know Salty HAS any secret spots... Matter of fact, I'm working just around the point from one of his "supposed" secret spots. Haha Just might try a tip-up out there if we ever get ice!

Secret's safe with me... heeheehee

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Winni Derby 07

Well,
You guys think you are itchin for the Derby, I moved to southern PA right near the Bay. The striper (or rockfish as they call them here)fishing has been great but the salmon are a little thin! lol I am planning a trip to Erie sometime this year to hit the salmon there. Another funny thing down here is they stock all these small creeks with trout. They are so shallow and narrow you can grab them out. Kind of takes the fun out of it! P.S. Anyone want a decked out Salmon rig? lol I need a bay boat.