Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: LEADER LINE???

I use Seaguar Flurocarbon. They are the inventor and make the best on the market. There knot strength is the best. I use about 12 feet of leader. Seaguar has the best knot strength and abraision resistance on the market. There diamater is also thinner.

Re: LEADER LINE???

i like about 40 feet of 10 to 12 pound flouro, been using yozuri? hybrid, then a swivel and 6 feet of good 4 pound flouro. becareful when buying the flouro, i take some out at the store and give it a pull test to check it, ive run into a lot of flouro that doesnt test well, and it seems to break down with age even though they say it doesnt. tossed a bunch last year after checking it with a scale, some 4 pound stuff i had that was old was testing less than 2 pounds

Re: Re: LEADER LINE???

A follow on thought is to consider whether you run (or may run) attractors, flashers or dodgers ahead of the lure. The drag and heavy action from these things may require you to upsize your mono (first leader) and fluoro (second, short leader). I've been using 50+ feet of 10-12 pound P-Line copolymer as my "first" leader using a double-uni knot to the leadcore and an improved clinch knot to either a small double barrel swivel or ball-bearing snap swivel (if I want to run attractors). If I use an attractor I use a rods length of no-less than 8 or 10-lb. fluorcarbon (seagar)to the lure, otherwise a lighter test leader can become a tangled mess. If no attractor is used, you can use as low as 4-6# test fluorcarbon as your second leader as noted by the others above.