(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CV30CS lead core reels for YOAdrien

I have not touched 1 in person.

I have checked it out and they are the same physical size as all okuma 30 series freshwater reels.
Same as a magda 30 or reg. convector 30 they weigh 18.5 ounces. and hold 300 yds of 25 lb test.

a saltwater 30 class reel holds 600+yds of 30lb test and weighs 40 ounces.

I bet you saw a pic if the 55W size and it frieked you out, that is a big reel! Great for lake o with 20 colors! A bit much for winni!

Much different, good luck!

Can't wait for a real life report on them they look like they will be great!

Re: Re: CV30CS lead core reels for YOAdrien

So you ARE still around, Adrien. Thought maybe you were snowmobiling again or something. Hadn't heard from you in a while. How did the show go?

Re: Re: Re: CV30CS lead core reels for YOAdrien

We lost power here for a while and the phone and internet were down for a couple days.
What a pain in the neck!

Show went good booked a couple trips and lots of promising conversations, passed out about 400 business cards to all that would take them.

Here is what the booth looked like.
Supposed to be a boat transom and my riggers and rods were on it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: CV30CS lead core reels for YOAdrien

Nice meeting you at the show Adrien. I ordered a Kokanne downrigger rod, hope to cross path's with you at Winni. this spring.
Jim

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CV30CS lead core reels for YOAdrien

You too Jim, i can't wait for that first rigger pop of the season! See you out there!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CV30CS lead core reels for YOAdrien

OH MY GOD UGHHHHHHHHHHHH You had my big old ugly mug on your picture board?????? LOL Oh well at least they got to see a 35yr old kid with a Sh__t A_s eating grin and smile from ear to ear LMAO A day I will surely "Never" forget!!!!!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Hurry up April I've got Ontario jitter's like you wouldn't believe LOL LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CV30CS lead core reels for YOAdrien

Your booth looks great good idea to make it look like a boat transome wish I could have made it up to the show.Where is your next show if any?

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CV30CS lead core reels for YOAdrien

Probably no more this season.

I got a good deal in rockingham, one of those friend of a friend things, if you help with this and that, you get this or that, you know how it goes.

Worcester would be great to go to but a booth is about $900 and with travel and time it would cost me $1200 plus easily i would have to book a lot of trips to make it back.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CV30CS lead core reels for YOAdrien

The next show is on Winni.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Your booth looks great good idea to make it look like a boat transome wish I could have made it up to the show.Where is your next show if any?

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CV30CS lead core reels for YOAdrien

YOAdrein Good for you.I here ya about the worcester show.I go for Winni,manie and lake Ontario stuff but there is nothing for lake Ontario(in less your booking a charter)and very little on the fishing we do it's all about the ocean fishing but I still like to get all the reading stuff And dream about bigger boats.I hope April 1st gets here fast.By the way I'm going to order thoses reel some time next week.I like the 6 to 1 ratio alot so I will let you know how they feel I also ordered 200 yards of 18 lb lead core Do you think I'll be able to run the core off a couple of 8'6 rigger rods or what can you suggest for a rod?I run 27 lb lead now but I think the rod will be to heavy when I downsize to the 18 lb.Thanks in advance.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CV30CS lead core reels for YOAdrien

I think your 8'6" rigger rods will be fine with lead.
I don't really know without feeling them?

I run lead off all kinds of stuff.