View Entire Thread
Re: planer board question

Paste url below into your browser it goes to cabelas

Offshore Release Planer Board Release
Model OR-10
Light tension is Yellow
Pack of 4 $9.99

I use them and love them many others use the same

The Laurvick ones are good too but can tangle in rough water too easily.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0012301010787a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=offshore+release&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=offshore+release&noImage=0

Early season planer board "presentation" question

While back on the subject of planers...got my otter boats and Fishlander mast. Both are awesome. Also got the OR-10 releases.

Now to the exciting stuff. What do people like and find effective in terms of early season presentations off planers / otter boats? I'm not just talking lure color, but the whole shebang. How about the use of attractors, flashers or dodgers? With flies? With lures? With either flies or lures? I've been using small dakota blade and glow bead attractors that are no longer than about 6 in. I've been wondering though if I should go minimalist and just use a lure (or fly). I have not had much luck with streamers.

Re: Early season planer board "presentation" question

I'm no expert by a longshot, but I've done very well with just a fly off the boards.

Johh S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

While back on the subject of planers...got my otter boats and Fishlander mast. Both are awesome. Also got the OR-10 releases.

Now to the exciting stuff. What do people like and find effective in terms of early season presentations off planers / otter boats? I'm not just talking lure color, but the whole shebang. How about the use of attractors, flashers or dodgers? With flies? With lures? With either flies or lures? I've been using small dakota blade and glow bead attractors that are no longer than about 6 in. I've been wondering though if I should go minimalist and just use a lure (or fly). I have not had much luck with streamers.