Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hooks

I was changing some hooks on some new spoons I bought, they came with huge Walleye trebles, #4's I think. I decided to put #8 Eagle Claw on as they are about the same size spoon as the Top Gun's.

My son John, the Bass guy, says "how many fish do you loose" I guess he and his buddies will only use Gamatsu. What is the feeling out here on"

Hook size
Hook manufacturer
Color of hooks

I've allways done OK with regular old Eagle Claw similar bend, maybe the same, as come on DB's ???

John S.

Re: Hooks

I think (only my opinion) that as long as the points are sharp, there isn't much differents in hooks. I would say size and type matters but brand, I don't think so. but opinions are like @#%%$#$%$ everybody has one.
come on April 1st

Forry

Re: Re: Hooks

I've been working with hooks the past few days and I'll tell you all mine, Eagle Claws or whatever, are very sharp, I've stuck mysef about a dozen or more times. enough to draw blood too, lol.

April 1st, how come, the ice will be ready in another
well or so, quite a cold snap we are in for. Good luck with the ice fishing.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I think (only my opinion) that as long as the points are sharp, there isn't much differents in hooks. I would say size and type matters but brand, I don't think so. but opinions are like @#%%$#$%$ everybody has one.
come on April 1st

Forry

Re: Re: Re: Hooks

I've lost a lot of big fish due to Eagle Claw hooks straightening out, switched to Mustad about 25 years ago and have stayed with Mustad since.

Re: Hooks

Eagle Claw is the only American Mfg. of fishing hooks. I have never had a problem with them. I have broke some Gam. hooks. You can get your trebles to match your baits, like Chartreuse, Red, Krawfish, black, nickel, bronze...

Re: Re: Hooks

Thanks for the replies, now all I have to do is figure out how to keep from sticking myself when working with hooks, ouch.. I'd hate to be doing ths for a living.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Eagle Claw is the only American Mfg. of fishing hooks. I have never had a problem with them. I have broke some Gam. hooks. You can get your trebles to match your baits, like Chartreuse, Red, Krawfish, black, nickel, bronze...