Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: looking to get peoples opionion on a nh saltwater fishing liscense

i was a nh resident my whole life, moved to mass a few years ago, the cost of living in nh keeps going up and living down here just across the border seems cheaper and simpler. im opposed to anykind of tax increase or fee unless its very specific for a particular need. just seeing fish and game money go to things like rescue work in a national park tells me that this isnt a fee just for saltwater fishing, they would have to change alot of things for me to believe the money is going where they say it "will". now why would i buy a separate liscense to fish salt water in the small coast line of the border of nh when there is so much more opportunity to fish the mass or maine coast line which is right there, most of you guys up north can get there just as fast as going to hampton to fish. just as an eye opener as to how things are going in nh for taxes, taxes on my lake house in mass and my other one in maine on sebago lake total just over 4ooo dollars per year, how much are the taxes on winni lakefront.im very opposed to new fees, my vote doesnt count any more in nh, but i believe people will fish elsewhere. just my opinion from someone looking from the outside.

Re: Re: looking to get peoples opionion on a nh saltwater fishing liscense

You make me want to cry fishlessman I pay almost that for my one house on 6.2 acres in Former Stinktown of Berlin UGHHHHHHHHH Oh lets not forget i also get $16,000 added to my assesment because i have a lovely view of Mt. Washington UGHHHHHHHH If i gotta pay for the goshdarn view I shouldn't have to pay to ride the Cog Railway or Drive up the Auto road UGHHHHHHH Oh another thing Berling has the 3rd Highest tax rate in the State of N.H. Now tell me that makes sense????????? we ain't got nothing up here UGHHHHHHHHH Thanks i needed to blow off some steam LMAO Take Care God Bless LOL Dave From up North

Fishlessman

Here's the thing with your Sebago/Winni comparison: Maine and Mass have sales and income tax, which means all your fellow, non lakefront owning citizens are paying so you can have cheap taxes on your lakehouse.(And your proud of this?) I don't have a lakefront house and my taxes are $4k a year, so I have no problem with million $ homes on Winni and Squam paying $10-15k a year in property taxes. Which is most likely pretty close to what you pay anyway, with your sales and income taxes. NOTE: I am not speaking about the "view tax" here, this is directed at lakefront property. I also think it sucks that folks that have had their property for generations are forced out because of this, though I can offer no solution, it is supply and demand, and capitalism. The way to make it in this country, and in LIFE, is to work hard, play by the rules, and treat everyone as you wish to be treated. Whining and complaining about the other guy will get you no where.
4/1

Re: Fishlessman

if i was paying 10-15 thousand ayear with added income tax , i would consider myself a weathy man. lets see, 5 percent of 42000 per year is 2100 dollars, i wll be getting some of that back after property tax and insurance deductions. im by no means rich, i still say nh property taxes are bordering on insanity. my sebago camp is owned by myself, brother and dad and i dont feel bad that the property taxes are reasonable there.
if all states in newengland do the saltwater liscense as a whole, i just hope that the fees are for what the are intended for only and only to cover the federal laws that have been explained to me so far.

Re: Fishlessman

Yur not even close in your tax guess for Squam, small farm house, with an obstructed Lake view, no beach rights or water front. House sits maybe 100 yards from the Lake, across rt 3 on a side road, 7500.00 a year.

Ashland, NH has one on the highest tax rates in the State I'm told ????

Big estates on the water are paying 35,000.00 and up for taxes, but if you can afford one of these places 35,000 is s drop in the bucket.

John S.
"Who finds one license is enough for him, a non-resident one at that"

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Here's the thing with your Sebago/Winni comparison: Maine and Mass have sales and income tax, which means all your fellow, non lakefront owning citizens are paying so you can have cheap taxes on your lakehouse.(And your proud of this?) I don't have a lakefront house and my taxes are $4k a year, so I have no problem with million $ homes on Winni and Squam paying $10-15k a year in property taxes. Which is most likely pretty close to what you pay anyway, with your sales and income taxes. NOTE: I am not speaking about the "view tax" here, this is directed at lakefront property. I also think it sucks that folks that have had their property for generations are forced out because of this, though I can offer no solution, it is supply and demand, and capitalism. The way to make it in this country, and in LIFE, is to work hard, play by the rules, and treat everyone as you wish to be treated. Whining and complaining about the other guy will get you no where.
4/1