Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kicker won't fit!!

I had purchased Merc 15 hp with Garelick mount but because of the live well at the rear of the boat there is no where to mount the bracket. I have been told that I should be able to get my 250 Verado down to 500 rpm's witch should get me below 2mph, we will see! I have a Boston Whaler Conquest, any suggestion's?

Re: Kicker won't fit!!

Can you mount it on the other side?? I do not know how the whalers are set up in the transom area.

Charlie

Re: Re: Kicker won't fit!!

Can you send in any pictures?

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Kicker won't fit!!

How do I attach a photo to this post? Swim platform and ladder is on one side and live well is on the other.

Re: Re: Re: Kicker won't fit!!

i have the exact same problem. it took 5 months to finaly find a marina that would just give me a price to do the job. my livewell is on the starboard and my swim plat is on the port side. they feel that they should be able to mount it w/ that bracket on the starboard side, very tight. that is the only reason i have not done it yet but i think that i will trust them to do the work.
i have been using a drift sock off of my stern loops to get my speed down. i tried using a sock on both sides but 1 single off the stern loops seem to work alot better. i'll tell you i hate the set up, always worried about getting hung up in the drift sock, even though it has only happened once i am always concious of it

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kicker won't fit!!

Sartorikid,
It looks like the only place you could put that bracket is on the port side but you said some thing like a live well there I think.I think you could attach it but you might want to talk to a dealer who has worked on that type of boat and see what it would take to get to that part of the transome you have to get there to bolt the bracket down with thru bolts.It doesn't look like an easy job but I do belive it could be done.By the way nice rig!! Good luck and keep us updated if you decide to do it.As far as your 250 goes if its a 4 stroke you could probly get down to that rpm but you will lose some of your boat control going that slow.What I mean is you will not be putting out that much thrust so it won't be pushing your boat like it would with more rpm.I hope I'm saying that right so you could go with trolling bags but as ilucas has said they can be a pain but they are use all the time in the great lakes trolling for salmon.But that's another whole thread.Hope this helps.I'm no expert but just my two cents.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kicker won't fit!!

Come spring when it is out of storage I will be able to look at it and decide on what will work best. I may even go with the minn kota engine mount, it has 202 lbs of thrust and is rated up to a 26' boat, we'll see.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kicker won't fit!!

The only problem with a set up like that is keeping it powered up with enough battery's on the boat.Good luck in your Quest.

Erin