Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Who wants to ice fish tomorrow, i'm solo?

Fine

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who wants to ice fish tomorrow, i'm solo?

How did you guy's do today?
I didn't see the post last night or I would have been in

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who wants to ice fish tomorrow, i'm solo?

We would have been happy to have you there Mark, maybe next time i will put out more notice.

Kenny G and I fished the middle of the broads and caught 1 rainbow and 5 lakers fishing from 35-70 feet deep. Most fish came at 65 ft nothing up in the 30-40 range. Rainbow was 16in. and lakers were 17-20 inches. Live smelt on tip-ups was the bait. Our first few hours in shallow water did nothing so we moved to 65 feet and started banging them. We had 6 flags and caught all 6 fish.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who wants to ice fish tomorrow, i'm solo?

Nice!!!
When I read this post this afternoon I said to myself "you should have looked before you went to bed IDIOT!!"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who wants to ice fish tomorrow, i'm solo?

YOadrien How did you get out there Sleds,walk or drive Just wondering isn't that a long ways off shore?

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who wants to ice fish tomorrow, i'm solo?

snowmobile

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who wants to ice fish tomorrow, i'm solo?

YOadrein how do you carry your stuff do you have a sled you pull behind the snowmobile?How do you get the bait there with out spilling all over the place?Sorry for the stupid questions but I have never owned a sled until this year but want to do some ice fish one of these years but don't have a clue what to use to get you auger and stuff out to where you fish.Thanks in advance.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who wants to ice fish tomorrow, i'm solo?

He uses an 18 Wheeler to get hs gear out there, the sled is just for him.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

YOadrein how do you carry your stuff do you have a sled you pull behind the snowmobile?How do you get the bait there with out spilling all over the place?Sorry for the stupid questions but I have never owned a sled until this year but want to do some ice fish one of these years but don't have a clue what to use to get you auger and stuff out to where you fish.Thanks in advance.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who wants to ice fish tomorrow, i'm solo?

I have a portable bob house that has a deep tub sled for it's base.

i throw everything in the tub and collapse the canopy on top of it then toss on a cover.

I put my bait inside a bag and put it inside an 18qt cooler and close the lid.

A lot of people use homemade sleds. Some just hoof it, others attach the sled to the 4 wheeler or snowmobile.

They also sell heavy duty plastic sleds like The Otter or Jet Sled.

Check out iceshanty.com for more info.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who wants to ice fish tomorrow, i'm solo?

Thanks guys so there actualy portable bob houses you set up to stay out of the wind and stuff and carry everything.Cool I will be looking at those for maybe next year.I have to Slowly work it in to my next years play $$.This site is costing me big $$(LMAO)Heah it could be worse?Thanks again for the info.

Erin