Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Law/ Question

It says on page #6 of the
"2007 New Hampshire Freshwater fishing digest"
The Following,

While ICE FISHING, only a single hook with a single hook point, per ice fishing device, shall be used for bait. While taking fish in open water, 2 hooks may be used with bait Per line, one with a single hook point and the other with no more than 3 hook points.

Now if you go to Definitions on page #12 of the digest, under Angling the definition reads the Following.

The taking of fish by line in Hand or rod in hand to which a cast of artificial flies, or an artificial bait, or hooks, or other devices for the attachment of bait.A person may use up to two lines. Rod holders are permitted.

All the above being the law according to the digest.

Here is my Question

Now I want to go fishing with smelt only O.K.

I take one fishing "ROD IN HAND" as per definition put a triple swivel attached to the "ROD IN HAND" line, on one of the other swivels attach a leader say three feet long at the end of that line attach a single hook, on that a smelt, I then on the remaining swivel attach a five foot leader with a weight with a three foot leader off of it, and on the other end of that thread a smelt on that line with a Treble hook or single hook on that line. I then do the same to my other rod.

I have only one line "in hand or rod in hand" as they say I can use two lines (that is all I am doing according to definition) RIGHT?
If you read about the artificial bait, it says "an artificial bait" that means just one. Then It says "or hooks or other devices for the attachtment of bait". It does not say how many pieces of "BAIT or for that matter how I have to set up my rigs, all it states is I can't use more than two hooks per line "in hand"
and one must be a single and the other can Have no more than three hook points. Can I do this legally and if not then WHY? It does not say I can't attach any other lines to my main line. A cheater line to me would mean you are using more than two hooks (one single and one treble, or two singles which for real baitwhich is legal) or you are using more than one artificial bait which is illegal.

your comments please
Forry

Re: New Law/ Question

WOW, I'll stick to open water fishing, thats allot to decifer, LOL, good luck ?????

Are you fishing the Derby Forry, if yes, where, what Lake ?

Had a case of the DT's today, no UPS truck bringing fishin stuff, but someone up there must like me as the "Big Brown" truck pulled up late with Cabelas backorder, a few Dave Davies spinnners, I fell better now.

John S.

John S.

My own thoughts on this are that they should write the law so that a 16 year old that has to buy a license to fish, can understand the law. Man I get more confused every time i read it.

ilucas

Re: Re: New Law/ Question

John That was a Question about fishing two rods from a boat. yes I am fishing the derby, Place a pond in derry/Hampstead for Sat. who knows for Sunday? depends on how sat. goes.

On page 2 & 3 there are phone #'s for law enforcement. Give the office a call and repeat the question to them. Then you'll have your answer.

Re: Re: New Law/ How the Fisherman/women would read it

I was just wondering how the readers feel, would they think my set-ups would be legal or illegal. I am not trying to cause trouble like a lot of you may think. I just would like to know how you guys, if we didn't have the #'s to call would interprate the law as it is written in the digest, that is all.

Re: Re: Re: New Law/ How the Fisherman/women would read it

makes sense but you will get busted inmy opinion. I had a similar questionin the past. For example if you are jigging with a swedish pimple it sok to have a treble hook as sooon as you tip it with something maggot perbait dead smelt head etc it now has bait and neeeds to be a single hook. I know it sounds dumbbut thats how I used to do it untilafriend otld meit was illegal I called fish and game and they said so. I have aloso notied that it depends on who you talk to at F&G jt makesure you get the name of the officer incase another wantsto charge you for something that he may interprit differently.Good luck!

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Law/ How the Fisherman/women would read it

Sorry for the typos!

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Law/ How the Fisherman/women would read it

thanks for the reply.