Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Still looking for opinions of Spoons ???

I wouldn't presume, at my tender age, to have an opinion on this one, but wondering if you are assuming , John, that the bottom ( backside?) of the spoon is always facing up and away from the fish, as opposed to rolling from side to side or whatever.

Re: Re: Still looking for opinions of Spoons ???

That was the presumption based on the logic that Salmon are sight feeders and feed up. However I have seen videos of Salmon hitting schools of bait fish, they hit from every possible angle, up down ways, whatever, especially if they are in a frenzy.

The popular concensus was both sides should be painted/taped or whatever.

Well all others failed in the past, we had very good luck with the "Pimp Spoons", the Pimp Spoon was usually 3 colors and taped the same way both sides, eyes as well on both sides.

Pimp Spoons can't be bought anywhere, they are not available for sale as some thought last year, LOL. A guy that worked for me used to fool around in my office taping spoons, we laughed at some of creations anmd called them Pimp Spoons, be ****ed if they didn't catch fish consistantly.

All that being said, I guess it's a good idea to put a little tape on the bottom side of painted spoons or pain spoons. Some DB's have tape on both sides allready when you buy them, but not many do.

One guy told me nice looking spoons "catch fisherman" and if they have "good action", they catch fish too.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I wouldn't presume, at my tender age, to have an opinion on this one, but wondering if you are assuming , John, that the bottom ( backside?) of the spoon is always facing up and away from the fish, as opposed to rolling from side to side or whatever.