Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
4 wheelers

I heard people say that 4 Wheeler ATV's are not allowed on the Lakes, is it certain lakes or all ?

My son Richard, non-fisherman but into all the other toys is going up the Lake (Squam)to hang out with all his local buddies up there on the Lake. He mentioned that most of them will fish the Derby and ride thier sleds and 4 Wheelers. I mentioned I heard they were illegal. What's the scoop ?????

John S.

Re: 4 wheelers

I'm pretty sure its only specific lakes and ponds. Lots of four wheelers and cars/trucks/vans on Winni today. Heck, on the way to work (6am) I saw a convoy of three trucks towing three bob houses headed out on Meredith Bay! They weren't far apart either. Brave people. My rig stays on shore. LOL

Re: Re: 4 wheelers

That is correct - on certain water bodies they are not allowed. For example Massabesic lake in Manchester, NH they are not allowed because it is a water supply. However, you can use a sled out there. Weird rule, but anyways.

Squam and winni you can use 4 wheelers. Keep in mind though they must be registered in NH to use in NH. NH F&G patrol this out on the lakes regularly.

-Brian

Re: Re: Re: 4 wheelers

I'm sure there are good reasons for all the screwy fishing, 4 whellers etc., rules, they sure can confuse a person. I just try and make sure I know the rule to the letter for the body of eater I fish, which is Squam 95% of the time.

Thanks for the explanation,

John S.