Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ilucas... engine bracket pics

I recieved my Garelick EEZ-IN motor mount today. It is different than the one in Cabelas. Rather than having a face that tapers from 11 1/2" at the top to like 8" at the bottom, this one is just square. The backside of the bracket which mounts to the boat is 11" wide, where-as the Cabelas one seems to be around 8 or 9"? The swing mechanism appears that it it 1" wider/thicker as well on the one I bought. Lastly, the hand knobs are black on mine, not red. The spring looks the same... the mounting plate is the same material... hole spacing looks identical. To me, this unit looks a bit "beefier" than the others I saw on line. Maybe last years model or something??? Either way... it's narrower than the motor, so spacing won't be an issue. It definitely has some powerful springs as I couldn't flex them with my weight. (Rated for up to 175 pounds) We'll see what happens when its on the boat and has a motor hanging on it, but for now I say this looks like a quality bracket. Oh, and yes, it came with stainless bolts, washers, nuts and a safety cable.

Re: ilucas... engine bracket pics

Thanks Slipnot,

looks good. I have a call into y landing marina about putting it all together for me. I think that they might have already ordered the bracket but if not I will talk to them about this one. I have all the demensions, template lay out and specs for the 71091 that Garelick sent me last summer. i will email them to you so you can check it out.

ilucas

Re: ilucas... engine bracket pics

That is the same bracket that is on my boat.

The red knobs were on the older shorter travel model and would weld themselves together and it was a pain in the buttt. They were just using an old picture for disply purposes.

What you got is the GOODS!

Re: Re: ilucas... engine bracket pics

Oh good. That makes me feel better. I was worried I got an old model or something. Cool... thanks.

Re: Re: Re: ilucas... engine bracket pics

I put this bracket on my Grady White last spring and I have been pleased with it. It works very well. The springs are strong, but with a motor on the bracket, I did not have trouble dropping the kicker into the water. Hope it works as well for you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: ilucas... engine bracket pics

Same one is on the "Peggy C" I like it.

Salty