Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: 2007 law change question to John Viar with his reply

John maybe they mean you put the fly's in series on the same line.He said that as soon as you add a droper line that is called another line per the books.But I have never heard of this but you never know.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: 2007 law change question to John Viar with his reply

If you attach a short piece of mono to tie another fly on I would think it is a "branch" or a cheater ?

Just curious ?

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

John maybe they mean you put the fly's in series on the same line.He said that as soon as you add a droper line that is called another line per the books.But I have never heard of this but you never know.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2007 law change question to John Viar with his reply

John there are ways to attach the flys with out cutting into the line.That's what I ment I agree with you adding a line would be another line but if you didn't cut the line you could have a bunch of fly's on one line.I'm going to agree with slipnots statement though one line one hook.I don't care about adding droper lines or cheater lines.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2007 law change question to John Viar with his reply

Erin,

Myself I like to keep it fairly simple, I can run 8 lines off my boat no sweat as long as it's 1 line per rod.

I tried cheaters a few years when I was thought it was legal, I had nothing but trouble, tangles, CF's etc. so I stopped, to me it was more trouble than it was worth to have an extra spoon out there. Then we had the big controversy and ruling interpeted so I was relieved that I was not passing up an advantage.

I realy don't understand why all the states have such different rules, thank God I only fish NH and at that it's took me several years to understand them. As I understand it many states including Maine allow them. I have a book on trolling techiniques by Dick Pool which he has a whole chapter dedicated to it, set ups, etc..

Thanks for this web site we can keep current with NH laws and they are changed.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

John there are ways to attach the flys with out cutting into the line.That's what I ment I agree with you adding a line would be another line but if you didn't cut the line you could have a bunch of fly's on one line.I'm going to agree with slipnots statement though one line one hook.I don't care about adding droper lines or cheater lines.

Erin