Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: a cast of flies, as per fish and game definition

Gus great pictures.I belive that as soon as you cut the main line I would think that would be considered a droper line.Because you would have to tie on the other fly/lure.I saw this only one time on a fly fishing show they were trolling 2 flys on one line the front fly had a little weight on the front of it so the front fly ran a little deeper than the back fly so they wouldn't tangle.I have never tried this I have a hard enough time with one(LOL).

Erin

Re: Re: a cast of flies, as per fish and game definition

in the past john viar has said that both were legal, the first (Blood knot dropper, he was really refering to the use of 3 way swivels when he talked about droppers while trolling) could be used if only one rod was employed and he counted that as 2 lines. this was only in regards to flies. it still leads to different interpretations of what the law represents to the angler and to different members of fish and game, maybe the rule book needs to put in more pictures with whats right and wrong so that we all can interpret things the same. the wording is confusing, theres definately a difference saying 2 rods verse saying 2 lines. even the term cast of flies sounds more like casting flies while fly fishing rather than trolling flies thru the water. i doubt anyone here wants to do anything wrong, but it is frustrating when we dont know whats really right and start fishing in a way that is safest because we just arent sure. picked up my liscense on line this year so i dont have the book and thats frustrating as well, need to pick one up soon and start reading and rereading. fishing is supposed to be a relaxing sport

Re: Re: Re: a cast of flies, as per fish and game definition

I hear you Fishlessman. it is very frustrating and confusing.

I think the handbook should be able to be interpreted by the 16 year old angler that has to buy a license. Never mind grown men always having to check with the fish and game every time they have a question. I think the wardens have enough to do. Maybe the guys that word the laws should get the calls and emails

just my .02

Re: Re: Re: Re: a cast of flies, as per fish and game definition

I feel like that reply came out of law and order. It is amazing that the fishing rules can be so latigous
in there pronunciatios. Maybe instead of going for hunters safety this fall I will go for a crash course in law school. Nah I will just stick to fishing and hope I dont break any laws. Good luck fishing as I have not been since august. This school stuff is killing me.
wayne,
the above comments are lack of sleep humor thats it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a cast of flies, as per fish and game definition

Years ago I trolled mackeral rigs (flies) with Sutton spoon on the end, worked pretty good on salmon, stopped because I was told by awarden that it was illegal but reading the response to a cast of flies it looks like it is legal, after all not "breaks or cuts" in the line

Any thoughts?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a cast of flies, as per fish and game definition

I don't know how the flies are attached, you might be legal, But once you add the sutton spoon you are definetly in violation. it is for flies only.

Re: Re: Re: Re: a cast of flies, as per fish and game definition

iLucas thanks for the laugh this morning.Your right on the $$ It is sad that at our age we have a hard time interpting a fishing law.But your right it should be able to be read by a 16 year old kid then maybe we could understand it or at least we could ask a kid to help us out and not the F&G(LOL)

Erin