Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fluorocarbon Question

I sell Seaguar Fluorocarbon. I have a question for you guys. If we came out with a fluorocarbon that was a different color every ten yards like leadcore would it sell? You could use it on downriggers with out using a linecounter. what do you think?

Re: Fluorocarbon Question

Myself I don't even count colors anymore, I used to loose count every time, duh. Now I set the line counter at "0" when I reach the lead core and then just let of 30' for every color I want.

You wont believe it but I stole this secret from "Salty", he don't even know it, when fishing with him I noticed him setting the counter to "0" after he let out a bunch of line, I wondered what the hell is he doing zeroing out the counter now, he's allready got a bunch of line out ??? Not wanting to ask a dumb question I kept watching and after a few hours, I figured out what he was doing. Then I remebered another "well known Winni guide" also counted feet instead of colors, takes a while but eventualy the "light goes on".

Thanks Salty,

Back to your question, it might sell, fisherman will buy anything. A guy once told me, "nice looking spoons, catch fisherman" (boy was he right) if they also catch fish, that's a bonus. Same may go for sharp looking Fluorocarbon ???

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I sell Seaguar Fluorocarbon. I have a question for you guys. If we came out with a fluorocarbon that was a different color every ten yards like leadcore would it sell? You could use it on downriggers with out using a linecounter. what do you think?

Re: Re: Fluorocarbon Question

I second Johns vote... I use my linecounter for everything. The heck with counting colors.

Re: Re: Fluorocarbon Question

You're right John. Salty is a "well" of knowledge and experience. All you need is the right "bucket".

As to the colored flourocarbon. For those folks who don't have line counters I think this would be a good selling point.
Cal

Re: Re: Re: Fluorocarbon Question

as long as the colors next to each other where definately different in color. some lead core line it is hard to to the difference

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fluorocarbon Question

The Cortland is really tough to tell the difference in color, the stuff from Cabelas is fine.

While we are talking about it, does lead core need to be changed every season ???? I've been doing it but on thinking about it not sure we need to, the light is slow to come on sometimes.

John S.

Replying to:

as long as the colors next to each other where definately different in color. some lead core line it is hard to to the difference

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fluorocarbon Question

I don't think it needs to be changed every season. As long as you don't have any kinks in the line. A bigger concern would probably be the backing if you're using mono. No issues with braid, but mono will rot over time.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fluorocarbon Question

Thanks, I use Spectrex Braided for backing.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Fluorocarbon Question

Your'e a hard man White Cap.

John S.

Replying to:

You're right John. Salty is a "well" of knowledge and experience. All you need is the right "bucket".

As to the colored flourocarbon. For those folks who don't have line counters I think this would be a good selling point.
Cal

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fluorocarbon Question

I just changed my lines with a sinking line that is the same as lead core without lead. It is also color coded. I used a braided backing.
I'll let you know later how it is working.
Louis

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fluorocarbon Question

How's the fishing on Squam been ??? I haven't been up since we went to lunch that day. I might come up for a day if some snow melts, need to check out a few things up that way..

John S.

Replying to:

I just changed my lines with a sinking line that is the same as lead core without lead. It is also color coded. I used a braided backing.
I'll let you know later how it is working.
Louis

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fluorocarbon Question

on my downrigger rods I use 20lb stren super braid as the backing to 100 feet of berkley vanish 8lb test to the lure . haven't had any problems at all . I like the braided line you can feel every little bump with it and sometimes I'll jig for lakers with it if the fishing slows down also I use these reels for strippers and cod fishing .you will be hooked once you use this line . "reel it in"