View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: not just salmon and lakers

Hey Popeye,

2 outs, counts 3 and 2, 9th inning.

Give me a call.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Ice fishing i get them both ways, down deep, 2-3 feet off the bottom, and right under the ice. Tewksbury/Mascoma would be the place locally for me to get some good ones, 3-6 lbs.....
Boating I do better on them in Tarlton. Long lining with a slow troll, brown trout chevy chase, and a sliver/blue flash king, mostly around 20 feet down. Also lake Fairlee in VT, both ways, and again some big ones. Dull colored lures work best there, again like the bround trout chevy. If you like VT,Lake Bomoseen is the best, they run from 3-10 lbs, and they kill them during the winter.

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: not just salmon and lakers

Popeye & W-fat,
good info. i thought there might be some brown fishermen out there. all the posts have given us a start. hopefully we will have some great brown pics this year!

Does anyone know if they are a hardier fish than the salmon as far as catch and release. i would like to get pics if we ever do start landing them.

thanks

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: not just salmon and lakers

Mike - the reason they give for stocking browns is that they are more tolerant of warmer and more nutrient rich waters than other salmonids so maybe they would be more tolerant of the surface temps when released in the summer. But they seem fragile enough. I've only caught a few of those wary browns but they seem VERY similar to the salmon. Same genus ("Salmo"). When the browns are not brightly colored for the spawn they look very similar to the salmon except that their backs are brown instead of green. Nice fish. Good thread.

Eric