Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Downrigger Cable Thoughts

Have you ever used the ridgeback rattler?

Re: Re: Downrigger Cable Thoughts

how do you connect your release to the unit? I use a black with a rubber band. Do you have to use a clip at the tail?

Re: Re: Re: Downrigger Cable Thoughts

Bob on the Ridgeback you can't use a release on the weight it's self.It will efect the tracking of the weight.You could use the blacks on top of it.I also use a blacks release and rubber band.But I use the slider clip.Because of my Temp probe.I use a scottys cable stop in the middle of the clip and it keeps it from sliding up and down the cable. I'm not sure about the sharks I will ask a charter captain I know who uses them and get back to you.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Downrigger Cable Thoughts

I'm not sure about the hum on the downrigger's wire.
I have cannon down riggers and they have always had a hum, is that what you are talking about??

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Downrigger Cable Thoughts

yes.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Downrigger Cable Thoughts

Bob I have the yellow colored one but I am thinking of painting it black like all the other weights I have.I'm not sure yet if you are going to the gathering I could bring it with me so you could see it if you want.just let me know.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Downrigger Cable Thoughts

Yes, I am going to the gathering. I want to meet everyone. Where did you purchase yours?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Downrigger Cable Thoughts

You can buy them from the owner of the company his name is Chip or I go thru Bob at his store Bobs outdoors here is his site.Hope this helps.

Erin

Bobs outdoors

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Downrigger Cable Thoughts

Sorry bob I guess my link didn't work try this.
Erin

Bobs Outdoors