Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opinions (please) on kicker motors for 18-ft deep vee boat

I have an autopilot for the main engine and this spring I am installing a TR-1 autopilot for my kicker engine. It also has a wireless remote and trottle control. I will let you know how it works.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Opinions (please) on kicker motors for 18-ft deep vee boat

Salty
how big of a boat was your Scout CC. i am looking at an older 4 stroke this weekend thats 6 hp for my 14 foot alum, but was wondering how it would push my 19 foot eastern. would be nice to use it for trolling, but more for emergencies as the 91 merc 115 on that boat is getting old. any idea how much that boat of yours weighed about.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opinions (please) on kicker motors for 18-ft deep vee boat

Eric,
The bracket I mentioned is just the motor "bracket" (the part the kicker will actually hang on). Its the same one Adrien uses, I haven't mounted it to the boat yet. Just thought you might like to order from the same place I did... quick, free shipping and cheaper than elsewhere.
I have no idea what motor "connector" you would need for outboard to outboard. I'm ordering the EZ Steer for my I/O unit to the kicker. Apparently with my set up it will remain in place except when on the trailer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opinions (please) on kicker motors for 18-ft deep vee boat

My Scout was 17.3

Salty

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opinions (please) on kicker motors for 18-ft deep vee boat

Thanks Slip, I'll need to read the earlier posts on your bracket and do some research on how to interconnect the steering of the kicker. There was a thread on that a while ago...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Opinions (please) on kicker motors for 18-ft deep vee boat

I have a '04 Seaswirl striper 2101WA, Is this the model you have? I'm looking to install a kicker. you said 9.9 is fine? Do you recommend long shaft or short shaft? Do you have any pictures? What bracket do you use? A lot of questions sorry.