Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Salmon Sniffing Dog

During the derby the green jackets rode up on us 5 deep and had a salmon sniffing dog in a domed trailor.They watch with binoculars , then branch out and hit a few groups simultaneously. This past weekend,three of them got my buddy for having an extra tip up. Hie daughter was up at the camp and was on her way down and he still got an $84 ticket.

Re: Salmon Sniffing Dog

Joe does your buddy know that any ticketable offence is also a licience suspention. Not too sure of how long though. Tough break never the less.

Re: Re: Salmon Sniffing Dog

He knows better. I got one 6 years ago for having a jig rod as well as 2 traps. He didn't say anything about a suspension though. He let me continue to fish. Are you sure about this?

Re: Re: Re: Salmon Sniffing Dog

I lost my fishing license 2 years ago for 6 months because of a $84 ticket. I even appealed it and that got me nowhere. I lost my license for ice fishing on a trout pond which I didn't know was illegal until the game warden showed up. It was an honest mistake and they still didn't care. It would be my guess that your buddy will lose his license for 6 months. Tell him to look carefully at the ticket that he got.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Salmon Sniffing Dog

Warden just told me 90 days. thanks for the info. He will be bummed.

Re: Re: Re: Salmon Sniffing Dog

there was a guy that used to work here that shot a charging moose while deer hunting. said he had no choice and it turned out that the moose was already injured from a car accident, he appealed and still lost his liscense. your friend should probably send the money in asap and start the process, maybe even write a letter explaining what happened and ask for some lienency. i think that dog was poacher, nice dog.