Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: saiwash hooks

The hook size on the DB's are size 8. If you go to a single hook, I would go to a larger size.

Re: Re: Re: saiwash hooks

They are #8s on the top guns too, I checked with Alan/Beth at A.J.s on that last year. I have been making lures and I can tell you even a #6 is a little big for the smaller lures. Unless you're targeting big lakers I'd stick with the #8s for the top guns and smelt guns and only use #6s on bigger lures (maybe on a couple DBs?). I tested out the action of the lures with different hooks and it made quite a difference. I ended up taking off nearly all the #6s I had put on some lures and going with all #8s to improve action.

Eric

Re: Re: Re: Re: saiwash hooks {Eric H}

Thanks for your input to all.Eric when you say that the Top Guns have #8's on them do you mean trebel hook or saiwash #8?
Mark

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: saiwash hooks {Eric H}

The top guns I ordered from AJ's last summer came with size 6 red trebles. The dbs that I ordered from River's Edge came with #8 trebles. I'm looking at them right now.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: saiwash hooks {Eric H}

I am incorrect. The top gun I was looking at was purchased locally here in northern Maine

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: saiwash hooks {Eric H}

I was referring to #8 and # 6 trebles...not singles, good point of clarification. Eric

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: saiwash hooks {Eric H}

Thanks again.I think I'll go a bit smaller than I was thinking.I'll probably go with # 4& 6.
Mark