Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fish Scales

i bought my 15 pound Chatillon 4 oz increments on ebay a while back. i calibrate it with a hunk of iron that i had weighed on a calibrated scale at a deli. i make my adjustments with a weight thats about 8 pounds. i like the older brass style spring scales. the dial type that you see in walmarts etc are junk, the first time they see moisture and the dial face warps on the inside. for bigger saltwater i would getr the digital or any cheap scale because a half pound increment really isnt all that critical for a 20 pound fish for me. i see those digitals reading all over the place, when we have a pool going, we designate one for weighing as they dont seem to read the same from one to another.

Re: Re: Fish Scales

thanks, is there a spring scale that you know of that is lightly calibrated for smaller fish??

I dont care all that much to weigh every **** fish I catch, but would like to check out the weight of a nice 18in rainbow or chunky bass once in a while.

Re: Re: Re: Fish Scales

i dont usually weigh fish unless they look big to me, trout until they get to 3 or 4 pounds i just measure length. the 15 pound scale in the link is similar to the older brass one i have, there are ones with finer graduations and one with 4 oz marks can be read to 2 oz if it falls between the lines, close enough for what i need from a fish scale.
http://www.chatillon.com/Our%20Products/Chatillon%20Weighing%20Scales/fish%26game_product/IN_fishscale.html