Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: troll master

there is a little electric servo motor that bolts to your carbeurator and it's throttle cable.

there is a 6 inch pigtail off that with a plug.

The control box mounts on your dash or wherever you want it.

There is a 25ft. cable you just run it from engine to control box and plug it in.

obviously there is also a tiny power wire to hook up to your battery, mine is on a power bar under the dash.

i don't know what you mean by near the gps so you can dial it in?

a troll master or control king only controls your kicker engine throttle. nothing else. It doesn't tie in with other systems.

Re: Re: Re: Re: troll master

My confusion...what I meant by "dial it in" is to have the controller accessible from where you can monitor your GPS speed so you can visually set the controller to desired GPS speed. I did not think these things hooked up to your GPS but I guess someday this will be NMEA 2000 ready and you'll be able to do that.

Adrien -- for your installation was it easier to run the power line for the Troll Master all the way to your dash? For me it probably makes more sense to run the wire directly to the battery thats only 3-4 ft away.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: troll master

the power (as in electricity wire) comes out of the control box and is about 3 feet long on my model.
simple hook up under the dash.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: troll master

YoAdrien - do you think I could get away with one of the low Amp (2A, 3A, 5A?) slots that are open in my fuse box?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: troll master

probably fine, the control box is fused at 1/2 amp i think just swap out the 2 amp fuse for a 1/2 amp fuse and go.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: troll master

The Troll Master requires a 2 amp fuse, see step 5 2 amps

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: troll master

hey, even better, you won't have to change the fuse, i must have my fuse size confused with something else on the boat?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: troll master

Sounds like a good -- or lucky -- fit. Thanks gentlemen.

-Eric

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: troll master

Eric Cabela's having a sale on one of the Dig.troll masters for $179 it's in the bargen sale site.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: troll master

Thanks Erin. I'll have to check if that covers "my" model. Apparently there are specific models of the Troll Master for each engine make.

-Eric